Tribute-Auto Off when AFK

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angre, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Angre Augur

Ok, so I am one of those players that leaves his characters online ALL the time. I do to log chat channels and allow people to send me tells that I can later answer. I know there are more out there like me because there always seems to be people online.

I am tired of loosing tribute, because I forget to shut it off. I go AFK (sleeping or not at home), meanwhile I am chewing up huge chunks of costly tribute. I know I am not the only person that this has happened too, and those are the people I am speaking too. I have wasted more Tribute than I have ever used during game play.

I would like to find others that have the same problem and ask DB to make a change in the Auto-Shut Off of Tribute.

Currently, there is an Option to Auto-Shut off Tribute 'when you log'. To me, this option seems to be redundant, because the software should automatically Shut Off Tribute when you Log anyways. I don't understand having this option and don't know anyone that wants their tribute running why they are offline. This shouldn't even be there.

I have a better idea for that spot in the Options Window.

Remove that option to shut off Tribute's when you log and just implement it into the software so that it is and automatic thing with no need for player intervention.

Give us an Option that Shuts off Tribute's when the AFK flag pops up, either by the player's choice or the Automatic AFK option already present in the Options Window.

This makes sense!

Does anyone else agree with me?
  2. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Yes, I too have wasted alot...whoops! Im down for a tweek of the afk auto shut off. Side note, wonder if there is alo a way to no consume food/drink when in a non combat zone (pok)?

I have the auto afk tag, trib off on log out etc enabled and I would like trib off on afk aswell.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I do have to agree that having a checkbox for turning off tribute while logged off seems redundant. Why tribute would ever run while not being online is a mystery. I cannot think of any reason someone would want their tribute running while they are offline.

So, yes, it should just be turned off and no need for a checkbox.

As for adding an AFK checkbox, I don't see why not, since they already have other things triggered to your AFK status.

Of course, the usual priority vs. other issues applies, so I would not push this over some other things we need.
  4. Gundolin Augur

Strange I always thought what that button did was turn off tribute when you log out, so NEXT time you log in it will be off. It was more so if you forget to turn it off at the end of a raid it wouldn't start running the next day when you log back in and work on trade skills.
  5. Vaeeldar Augur

I thought the button made it so it was turned off when you log back on. My button isn't turned on and so what happens is my tribute is always running when I log in - meaning I don't have to remember to turn it on. I don't afk enough that I worry about losing tribute. But I do like the fact that my tribute is on when I login so I don't have to remember to turn it on every single time.

I'm not losing tribute points while I'm offline, but it is set to be on the moment I log in - which does have a use for many people like me.
    Gundolin and fransisco like this.
  6. fransisco Augur

Be a bit greener and turn off your computer when your not using it.
  7. Angre Augur

You must spend a lot for tribute. Do you run it all the time?
  8. Angre Augur

Thanks for the suggestion.

Unfortunately it doesn't appeal to me.
  9. Angre Augur

And you need tribute as soon as you log on? I guess are not one of the types of people I was speaking too, but thank you for your opposing comment.
  10. Vaeeldar Augur

Lol don;'t quite get the double post/comment. But I'd prefer to have tribute as soon as I log on. Does it cost me some extra? Sure but it's not like tribute is hard to get. All I really use it for is AC and trophies which is AC again on my tank.

Frankly your complaint would be no different than my complaint about it not being on. I'd just prefer not have to rememebr to turn it on because PP is meaningless at least for me. You on the other hand don't want to rememebr because you're a serial afker - again same concern but different ends. I have no problem with your request but getting rid of the way it works now with the button, would be a problem for me.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

It doesn't run while you are logged off. But logging off if that is checked will turn it off. So you don't log in the next day, not remember to check it, and end up spending 6 hours just socializing in the guild hall while burning tribute.
    Gundolin likes this.
  12. Critts Augur

I’m all for an auto AFK switch or when the toon zones. The zoning idea would be somewhat of a pain tho.
  13. Tornicade_IV Augur

you guys want to trust the auto afk tag to manage your tribute?
    No Thanks
  14. Sancus Augur

That's why it's an option...
  15. Fohpo Augur

Surprised you aren't aware that the concept of something being "optional" is foreign to internet forums. If they don't want it, then no thanks or it isn't necessary.
  16. smash Augur

Imo, DBG should go greener and log people off if they been afk fo more than 30 min.
    fransisco likes this.
  17. Fohpo Augur

They should plant a virus that allows them to shut those computers down too :rolleyes:
  18. fransisco Augur

It would probably really help server stability. Seriously there is no reason for people to sit afk for days.
  19. Zamiam Augur

yes there is .. im lazy and dont feel like loggin in 3 to 6 accounts all the time :p bad enough i have to do it when its patch day
  20. Eckish Lorekeeper

I added the tribute timer to my player window UI screen. That way it is more obvious when tribute is running or not.
    Tornicade_IV likes this.