Tribue

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by mage101, Oct 12, 2013.

1. mage101 Elder

Is there a way to make tribute work like power sources?
    I haven't used tribute in years because i always forget to turn it off.
    I think it would be really great if the clock only counted down when you're in combat.
  2. Dramatime Augur

They need to do something about that lol. You saying that I just remembered that I left my tribute on last night haha. It doesn't even show up as a freaking buff that I know of.
  3. Edrick Augur

A trophy icon on the player HEM window (like where the Parcel icon shows up) indicating you have some form of tribute on would be dandy.
    Straahdx, beryon, Chrome and 2 others like this.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Taking this a step further, clicking said trophy icon would open the tribute window.
    Chrome likes this.
  5. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I turned off 'esc to close' on my tribute window, and leave it open/shrunk while it's on.
    Black Soul likes this.
  6. Yther Augur

You can also get UIs that show tribute timer on always up windows, like Self, group, etc. Just search for them. Or if you want to do it yourself, you can add it to any window. https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/common-manually-editable-ui-mods.198596/ is a description of how I added it to self (Alt+Y) window on my custom default_old UI by Drakah.

With it always shown, you rarely forget for more than 1 cycle (10 min) to turn it off. I more of my toons turned guild tribute on, I'd put it on there too.

EDIT: Post with links to eqinterface lists.

Yther Ore.
  7. mage101 Elder

that would be great if i didn't have to fix it after every patch
  8. Black Soul Elder

That's what I like. I haven't let it run by accident since I started doing it that way.
  9. Toquillaw Augur

You don't have to fix it after every patch just patches that change that particular window, and the patch notes even tell you which UI components have changed. I have several custom changes to the UI, it really isn't much of a chore to keep updated.