Trial of Torture in PO Justice Broke

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ryszasis, Jun 4, 2022.

1. Ryszasis New Member

Hello,

I was trying to complete all of the trials in the PO Justice for monk 1.5 epic, but my final one the trial of torture keeps giving me the "this trial is already underway, you must wait" message. It has been like this for 2 days now. Can someone please look into this?

Thanks,
  2. Jedis Arch Mage

Likely not an issue with the trial, as it's working elsewhere. Try sending in a petition and ask them to reset the zone, which should fix the error you've described.
    Joules_Bianchi and Stymie like this.
  3. Ryszasis New Member

I started with a petition but was told by the GM to post it here. Then he closed the ticket and sent me a survey on how well he did answer my petition lol. Needless to say, he failed. Guess I will petition again.
  4. Stymie Pendragon

It's pretty annoying when a game company tells you to ask someone else when you have a problem with their game, and then marks the problem as resolved. I like the huevos asking you to complete a survey afterwards though! :)

Blizzard does something similar, but it takes 2 times on a ticket before the hand-waving. The 3rd reply actually gets someone to read the ticket.
    Fenthen and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

When you petition you need to specifically state it's a known issue PoJ trials do not properly reset when failed causing the event to hang, and only recourse is a zone repop or server reset, which dev's have repopped the zone before to clear the script.
    Joules_Bianchi and Elyssanda like this.
  6. niente Developer

Which server has the stuck PoJ trial?
  7. Ryszasis New Member

Friona Vie, Trial of Torture, POJ
    niente likes this.
  8. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Some devs / GMs here are work shy and are professional buck passers and naysayers at anything that requires effort or thought.

NOT all, not even a majority, but just a couple. Over time it becomes clearer who is genuine and who is phoning it in, or has ulterior motives. The genuine ones are always about solving problems and esrtablishing conversation, the sour ones shut down everything and anything offering sufggestions of change.

They have different ethics and motivation for what and how they post here.

Sometimes devs PLAYING had detrimental side effects, like elitism and access and even profiteering or favoritism to their own personal interests.
  9. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Even posting a petition in this game, after you bypass all the NO, not this suggested reading will answer my question and after clicking send, yet another HEY, can we close thispetition NOW? window pops up.

The process itself seeks to derail the petitioner no less than 6 times though to petition process, like they REALLY don't want you to continue telling them what the problem is.

It's a devloper mindset vs work to do and how do we reduce it?

The way to reduce it is do it right the first time and not pass the buck.
    Stymie likes this.
  10. Jedis Arch Mage

Having worked in CS in another industry in the past, I can say they are evaluated on the number of tickets open/closed and their run rate. And then their customer satisfaction scores.

In this scenario, I would imagine the contracted GM resources do not play the game (unlike old days), and unless there is a specific KBA (knowledge base article) that tells them how to handle a situation, they viewed this as a bug and directed the person here, instead of also checking to see how they could resolve the issue for the customer.
  11. niente Developer

PoJ on FV has been repopped. This is a pesky bug that has been worked on by designers in the past few years. The PoJ trials are special. :p
    Eaiana, Svann2, Nennius and 4 others like this.
  12. Ryszasis New Member

Thank you kindly! Off to POJ to confirm -_-
  13. Ryszasis New Member

Completed trial! Thanks!
    Eaiana and Stymie like this.
  14. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

Cazic-Thule server is experiencing the same issue
  15. Kevfires New Member

Currently doing this on the Tunare server. Have been trying for 3 days but always says in progress.
  16. Kevfires New Member

still not working.... can POJ get reset on tunare?
  17. Soulbanshee Augur

Open a petition but specifically state that trials getting stuck are a known issue and devs have said to get the zone repopped to reset the script. If you just say that PoJ is bugged they will refer you to the forums and close the ticket.
    Stymie likes this.
  18. TrueNorth Developer

The trial has been reset on Tunare.
  19. Angahran Augur

Sounds like there needs to be some automated script to just reset all trials if they have been 'in progress' for too long, e.g. 6 hours ?