Trial of Smoke - Wending Ways broken?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cadira, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Cadira Augur

The past few times I've done this trial, I and just about everyone else in my group will use the bounce pads just fine like normal and all the sudden one of us will be warped into the pit and called out for falling into the middle, despite not actually falling into the middle. One time as I was landing on the entrance to one of the named, and upon landing (perfectly where you are expected to land, hadn't even had a chance to move yet) I was sent back to the start and told I fell into the pit. Has happened the three times I've done this since the February (Not March) patch.

Didn't know if anyone else has ran into this?
  2. Beonono Journeyman

Absolutely. Posted in bug thread from last month and never acknowledged.
    Cadira and Blurberry like this.
  3. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I've had this issue basically since expansion release, which is why I still don't have the stupid achievement.
  4. Blurberry New Member

Same- buggy as all.
  5. truem New Member

Yep hit pad and got a fail message even though I did not fall.
  6. Natal Augur

The landing position at the water boss is broken and frequently causes you to warp to the starting NPC failing the ach and taking the fire DD even though you have landed successfully without falling. It usually takes 2 or 3 tries before you can get the landing to stick. I think that is the main reason the ach is so hard to get, because with 6 toons and that sort of failure rate it is not likely that you will get 12 successful jumps (you will have to go through that pad a minimum of twice).

I have not encountered issues with the other pads, but that one is without question broken.
    Cadira likes this.
  7. Cadira Augur

Come to think of it, I believe that is where a lot of issues have been encountered for me/friends
  8. svann Augur

Try this. Stop next to the pad. Then click on it with your mouse without moving at all. Dont even rotate your camera until you come to a complete stop.
  9. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I hate this particular one with a passion. I am not sure why anyone thought playing guessing games and warping back to the start was a fun idea.
  10. Brohg Augur

not a guessing game. count the elemental effects on the portals. one kind will dominate, that's the next mini to kill.
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I was talking about guessing which portal leads where and the whole fire thing that warps you randomly back to the start.
  12. Brohg Augur

portals are not random either, they each always go to their one spot
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

From the start
    Far left takes you to Air
    Far right takes you to Earth
    Center takes you to Fire, couple more clicks of that cycle and you get to Water.

One way circuit so you always come back to the area with 3 portals.
    Tarvas and Brohg like this.