Trial lockouts and the risk of suspensions?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kiras, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Nudia Augur

For those saying that it not being fixed or answered on means that it's totally okay, please see last year. The whole Cactus thing people got suspended for had gone unfixed for years despite being brought up many times.

Personally, as someone that took a week off for healing a few alt runs and getting no tangible benefit myself on that, I definitely think people knowingly exploiting it need to go ahead and take a week or two off themselves.

We did something we knew we shouldn't last year and got nailed, without precedent.

You know you shouldn't be doing this, you know it's not intentional. There's even precedent now. Perhaps it's just me being bitter, but I hope you get suspended for doing it, too, since you should clearly know better at this point.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  2. Thunderkiks Augur

To me, having a lockout, means I dont do that task. I really dont care what others do but I for one am not taking a chance unless a dev says it's intended. If they never say then that's still fine by me as I will just load another toon without a lockout to help my friends.
  3. redline Lorekeeper

I can only assume with no response from a dev they are unsure what to do. How long are we to wait between doing a trial again? Personally a couple to 5 hours is what I would think... the 2 + days I can only guess is for access to ash.
  4. Maedhros High King

The 6 hour lockout was fine for years.
    The mission requester should get a message saying someone in the group already has a lockout for the mission you're attempting which prevents you from doing that mission with that person.
    This did not need changing.

The Plane of Smoke trials could easily be separate instances where you have to zone out after completing one trial to get a new instance for another trial. You would talk to Grieving Soul Scent and tell him which trial you want to take. Again, if someone had completed a given trial in the past 6 hours, it would prevent you from requesting.

If someone has any single one of the trials on lockout in the past 6 hours, they can access Empyr.

No need to reinvent the wheel here guys, we already had a system that worked.
    Pirlo and Jhenna_BB like this.
  5. Kiras Augur

Could we get a dev response on this? I don't much like having to pick between helping my guildmates on trials more versus having a sword of damocles hanging over me.
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  6. Tappin Augur

Too funny - are we pulling the same stunt this year devs?
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I find it a bit comical that the need to change how task lockouts work was necessary a year after a mass ban hammer strike. I have a very weird sense of humor, though.
    Moege likes this.
  8. Moege Augur

I'm not laughing at the comedy value if there is a suspension I will be hit, so may as well continue helping others through the trials.