Trial lockouts and the risk of suspensions?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kiras, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Kiras Augur

So, there's an easy way to bypass the lockout timers on the trials of smoke. Are we going to see a repeat of Cactusgate in a month?
  2. Raccoo Augur

I missed the part that these were 2 days and a half lockouts during beta, I'm so used to missions/HAs/etc being 6 hour lockouts, so I did one trial twice before I realized it. Also they are in the DZ window, and not the task timer, which is something players aren't used to checking for mission lockouts.
    Fadyena likes this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I did /tasktimer saw nothing and did some I had done previously. Not the payers fault when they move things.
  4. Endaar Augur

I don't want to know how to bypass the lockouts, but is it a situation where you could bypass them without realizing you were doing so?
  5. Kiras Augur

You have to pay attention to NOT bypass them if you do a lot of trials with people.
  6. recaztec New Member

This question seriously needs to be answered by a dev and soon. I can see cactusgate all over again.
  7. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

yes it is. especially if you do them with a variety of folks.
    recaztec likes this.
  8. Niknik Journeyman

It's a feature. Working as intended.
  9. Vdidar Augur

2.5 day lockouts on group trials? WTH?
    Slippry, Pirlo and Daedly like this.
  10. recaztec New Member

I won't believe it until I hear a dev say it.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  11. NeverPayForLag Augur

Time sinks... artificial player annoyances for an excuse to suck out more money from players...
    If ideas for intelligent gaming is lost then this is the mighty solution to stretch time so that addicted players have less chance to run through the expac... yep... I see GoD-like effects...
  12. Riou EQResource

What's the point of the lockout then, you can increase it to infinity like there isn't a lockout atm

The only way it might make sense is if the Lockout DOESN'T increase, but acts as a "Loot Lockout" instead so you get no rewards
  13. recaztec New Member

This would make total sense but that's not how its working at the moment. Chest pops every time.
  14. Raccoo Augur

Or could be the reason for the lockout is so people can run through smoke to Empyr.
    Yinla, Axxius and Sancus like this.
  15. Kiras Augur

I'd say their reasoning is totally unknown, and given last year's reaction to Cactus, I don't have much trust in the devs and the common sense of being lenient towards players when you can accidentally violate the lockouts.
    Thrillho and Atvar like this.
  16. Kolani Augur

Probably not. Unlocking a door to a trial that previously has been completed requires that the task requester hasn't completed that trial yet, and if anyone else in the group has a prior lockout for that particular trial, they can't open the door without the requester opening it first.

As a tank, I've done the Trial of Three several times to help different people complete a Trial of Smoke. It's backwards thinking to assume that people have access to multiple well-geared tanks available that can complete the trials.
  17. Zunnoab Augur

I really want to know whether that's intended. If it's not, the way the lockouts work is insanely overkill. People shouldn't have to worry about doing something with a group one day then not be able to help others for ages like that. That's not even considering how they are basically tuned for raiders.
  18. Thunderkiks Augur

There is no way I'll take a chance until a dev says it is intended. If I show a lockout on my DZ l'll just play an alt. Its not worth my acct. I can still help people with all my other toons. I only have 17...
    Axxius and Thrillho like this.
  19. Zunnoab Augur

Yeah I wouldn't chance it either. Seriously though, how on Earth did that lockout decision get approved? It's outrageous.
  20. FawnTemplar Augur

If, in fact, they meant for people who have done a trial to be locked out of both requesting and participating for 2.5 days then that is a mess. Unless of course you are trying to force people to do all five trials in one sitting without actually forcing them to do all five trials in one sitting.... :confused::confused:
    Whulfgar and Pirlo like this.