Traveler's Boots on TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by LDEffectsMe, Jul 8, 2019.

1. LDEffectsMe Augur

Does anyone know when Traveler's Boots become available for purchase? Allakhazam has them listed as Original Era, but they're not available on the vendor on Mangler for some reason...

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6009

Any insight from those of you who have been on past progression servers (or a dev) would be great. Thank you!
  2. Imukai Augur

I don't think "original" is correct in this case. SolA is an original zone, yes, but considering the comments begin around 2003 I'd say it was added after PoP. I can check if they're for sale on Agnarr or Coirnav later.
  3. Imukai Augur

They're on Agnarr, so it's narrowed down to be after Kunark and before or at LDON.
  4. LDEffectsMe Augur

I miss the good old days when Allakhazam was fairly accurate. lol. I just ran all the way to the gnome last night and ate a death in SolA, only to realize he didn't have the boots.
  5. yerm Augur

Very weird to have them removed. Jboots are easily available; a nice plat sink should stay too, especially with how store bags have limited the usefulness of tink bags which were themselves a great plat sink..
  6. LDEffectsMe Augur

It didn't make any sense to me either. I thought it was a choice between doing the quest for insta-cast JBoots (or buying an expensive multi-quest) or "settling" for the expensive vendor boots with a 1.5 sec cast time.