Travel Locked Progression

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by code-zero, Mar 2, 2019.

1. code-zero Augur

In the TLP forums I see lots of calls for this or that race/class combo to be open from the beginning. What I'm thinking is a server that has travel locks.
    From the start you can begin in a Classic zone, on Luclin and maybe even further along but there's no connections until later on.
    There would be kitties on the moon leveling with no contact or transport to anywhere on Norrath. Iksar would roam the continent of Kunark with nary a human in sight etc...

Maybe even Drakkin battling for The Serpents Spine mountain range but no port or passage to the rest of Norrath.

Then when opening came the races would meet.
  2. Crayon123 Augur

That would be a pretty lonely server to be honest. You'd be restricted to playing with your pre-made group of people playing the same race or starting on the same continent, and no one else. o_O
  3. YourNameHere Lorekeeper

EverQuest 2 had something like this when it came to opening up zones to travel to. They were locked behind a quest to do. Some were easy, some were hard. But it did help in regards to knowing where you could go and level at the time.
  4. Koshk Augur

I like it. That would lead to some very interesting player decisions.
    • Vah Shir - No enchanters, so you're playing without clarity/mez/charm for quite a long time. Shaman are the only priests. No porting on Luclin, since no wizards/druids.
    • Iksar - Similar to Luclin, you've got no enchanters, clerics, wizards, druids. Shaman #1 healer.
    • Faydwer - No shaman on entire continent. Druids and wizards can port...but not to many places.
    • Odus - Can you even level to 50 given the few zones there? Wizard teleport almost pointless.
    • Antonica - You have every class. But your very best zones are LGuk,SolB, and the Planes. Iksar and kitties have way better gear options than you.
    • Velious - Entirely empty? Or perhaps it becomes the only starting place for Gnomes/Dwarves? Lower the mob levels in Great Divide, so it's possible to reach mid 20's, before venturing out to other zones.
  5. Evade Augur

That would be pretty interesting... but would require a total revamp
  6. ShivanAngel Augur

So if you made an iksar, vah shir or drakkin you wouldnt be able to raid anything until the appropriate expac came out?
  7. code-zero Augur

Vah Shir would have Bards
    Odus might need to open The Warrens, Stonebrunt and The Hole early for them

Velious might be opened to Antonica and Kunark at the same time perhaps
  8. Runes Augur

Everyone would just make a race that could get to level 50 in a good zone until the open, I think it would be pointless unless it was a special server that opened up all classes to all races, then that would be a little more interesting although you would still have leveling to 50 issues in some continents.
    Crayon123 likes this.