transfering items from one char to another on the same account

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by DarkDraco, Mar 18, 2018.

1. DarkDraco New Member

so I'm trying to do what the title says and I've had no luck..thought the bank had a way you could do this but I havnt been able to do it..so is there a way or do you just gotta find someone you trust not to run off with your stuff to give it to your other char
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

First thing is the items have to be tradeable . Second is not sure if tlp servers all have this feature and you didn't mention which server your on.

When you open the bank window you should see 4 squares in bottom right that say "shared bank" there is also a place right under that to put money. You can only put one item in each slot unless you put a bag in there. Then you can put stuff in the bag. I have never lost any items in shared bank but DO NOT use the money slot since many people have reported plat goes missing very frequently in that shared bank spot for plat. I know I lost over 250000 off my trader.

Another way is to go to a parcel merchant (look under your find key as they are in most big cities) and you can click on the item in your inventory and then send it to your alt. I use this method to transfer my plat after that loss on the shared bank.
    moogs likes this.
  3. DarkDraco New Member

ok thank you ill have to re look maybe I missed it or my server just doesn't have it..i play on agnarr
  4. Nolrog Augur

The bank has two shared slots (on Agnarr that you mention and 4 slots on regular live servers) that every character on the same server on that account can access. You can put anything in here that is either not no drop or heirloom (heirloom means it can be passed between your characters. . . store bought mounts are heirloom for example).

You could also parcel the item to your other character.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  5. Sagarmatha Augur

It was really fun to transfer items in the old days. Only the REALLY old school players will remember this. If no one you trusted was online, you had to find a super isolated spot, drop the item, and PRAY your dial up didn't F-up so you could log back on in time before the item poofed. Talk about stressful...
  6. Caell Augur

I would pick an out of the way building or inn in one of the cities, move char one, logoff, login char two, move char two to same spot, then logoff, log back in with char 1, drop coins (yes you used to be able to drop coin on the ground), item, or bag with items, logoff and then login char two and hope no one was watching the activity, before I could pick the stuff up. Shared bank so much faster and easier.
  7. Gana Augur

Back before TS stations automatically returned your items to you when you closed them, I would go to Erudin and put items in the forge to transfer between characters. Since no one liked Erudite characters and even fewer liked tradeskilling in Erudin, it was safe (well, as safe as anything else). I even left stuff there overnight once when I couldn't log back in.
    Goranothos and Caell like this.
  8. Quatr Augur

I had a secret place deep inside Cabilis where I transferred items between my lizards. The place was deserted, so it was fairly safe, although I was still at the mercy of my dial-up connection and my ISP...
  9. Nolrog Augur

Long long ago, I would run both characters to the most out of the way that I could find, camp out, wait until 5 seconds left, drop the item, switch over and pick it up. Very nerve wracking, hoping no one happened by in the 2 or 3 minutes until I could pick it back up.
  10. TuTail New Member

Just did this between char and it worked ok, :)
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I did not say the plat transfer would not work - that does. But keeping the plat there could be a problem. Looks like it happens about once a year. Some fast google results:

tems and Plat missing from shared bank
    Apr 10, 2019
    missing plat from shared bank
    May 21, 2020
    Missing plat
    Aug 20, 2018

Way back when (2004?): " my shared bank was empty and all plat gone"

LOL and two of these examples are after this post was dated
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Interesting. I've had plat sitting in the shared bank slot of all of my accounts forever, and never lost any plat. And I track the balances in my notes, so I would notice :)

There must be some other factor involved. Too bad they've never been able to track it down.