Training getting worse every day

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ryokoryu, Apr 8, 2018.

1. ryokoryu Journeyman

I have been noticing as of late an increase in constant train wars, and not just one grp at one camp training another, but flaming angry train wars or individuals marking others for training whenever the opportunity arises. I seem to be the target of 2 such individuals at this point. One is a box dual necro, and the other is now in a petition, but even with video evidence and them admitting to it and me using /report nothing seems to happen to these people. they just keep harassing those they chose to harass and training in general is getting worse and worse. put me onhis shitlist for being in a group with someone who was on his shitlist telling me associating with said person means I desearve any punishment I get and the latest necro decided I needed to be taught a lesson because I was taking his camp, only I wasn't. He and another group were squabbling over that camp and my group picked in looking for an open camp. Doesn't matter because harassment and training are both against the ToS even on progression servers. DBG seems to not care about this issue unless a larger part of the community gets involved. This is the point of this thread, to put the community together in tempering this toxic element of the game.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

OP please refrain from breaking any more parts of the TOS or I will have to place you on my ****list.
  3. ryokoryu Journeyman

What ToS violations
  4. Kahna Augur

Calling people out on the forums in an attempt to sully their good name.
  5. UnjustBannedAtabishi Journeyman

Isn't it only considered witch hunting if you make accusations without providing proof? Post the vids and you should be fine =)

Also, entertainment is nice.
  6. Machentoo Augur

Actually, no, they have taken the position that calling out individuals is not ok even with video proof to post. But the reddit forums are a great place to post such!
  7. ryokoryu Journeyman

so even with proof its still considered slander, wow just further proves that we have to take a stand as a community against this before they will do jack anything about it.
  8. snailish Augur

Avoid contested zones.

Not as easy in classic, especially for 40+.

Alternatively, level alts in the less toxic content until Kunark opens.
  9. Trox2010 Augur

I have yet to visit a single MMOs official forum that allows you to call people out, no matter the amount of proof you provide. Maybe with FPS games and others allow it, but to the best of my knowledge not a single well known MMO (especially AAA) has allowed it for a very long time. Mainly because people suck, and will jusr abuse the system if given the chance.
  10. Numiko Augur

I miss the good old days, when Server GM's would make server wide announcements when they banned notorious players so everyone could cheer....
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  11. tivolti New Member

Just kill all the mobs they bring and then thank them for pulling for your group. Smart money says they stop pretty quickly thereafter.
  12. The Hated One Augur

I witnessed the worst sort of training in EQ this weekend which would never have been tolerated in the past. 1 monk training entire guilds for many hours, different guilds, to hold a mob until their guild logged on to kill the boss. Before DBG a GM would have been summoned and said monk would have gotten a long vacation and their guild might have gotten some heat too if it was a regular tactic. Now...business as usual.
  13. tivolti New Member

This is one of the reasons that there are raid instances. Take as long as you need. If you are trying to compete for an open world mob and getting competition, then either win or move on and give it up.

It's terrible behavior but the last few TLP's have instances to make this type of thing not a problem. I can't think of any 'boss' that your guild would be getting trained and griefed over that doesn't have an AoC. Emperor Crush?
    jeskola likes this.