Training dummies or something to test rotation?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rayvorn, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Rayvorn Elder

I want to mess around with some classes for the upcoming server that starts at 85. Was curious if houses have a training dummy or something like other MMO's so can practice rotations and such. I have never tried ranger/beastlord ect and wanted to test how I like they way they feel without having to worry about health.

This a thing?
  2. Derd Augur

Ummm guild halls definitely you can purchase dummies for, never tried placing one in a house.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Ravanta Suffer Augur

They do work inside houses.
  4. Nniki Augur

Just don't fight from the front; they can riposte.
  5. Rayvorn Elder

Thanks, looks like I will have what I need.
  6. Rayvorn Elder

Guess I am confused on heroic characters here. On EQ2 you could test out a heroic character but you werent charged until you finalized it. Is that not the case here? You have to purchase one before getting to test it. If I purchase one...can I use it to test out multiple classes before I finalize it or basically have to use it on a class and if you dont like it you are stuck with it anyways?
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

No, it does not worth the same way. However, so long as it is purchased, you can delete and recreate to your heart's content.

https://www.everquest.com/news/heroic-character-faq

What happens if I delete my Heroic Character?
    If you purchase a Heroic Character and delete it, you can replace that character with another level 85 Heroic Character. This allows players to make one purchase, and try every class if they would like to! If you delete a free character after the trial period, it acts like a normal character deletion.
    The platinum a Heroic Character starts with is a one-time offering, rewarded to the first character you create or upgrade using the feature. If you delete your character and make a new one, you will not receive the platinum again. Delete wisely!
  8. Rayvorn Elder