tradeskills

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by blood & gufts, Oct 24, 2016.

1. blood & gufts Augur

I can see that there apparently come new levels in tradeskills, and they go up to 350.

That I can see from example tailoring mastery
    rank 1-3 reduce failing 10,25,50%.
    rank 4-13 allow you to increase your skill past its spec level by 5 points per rank by learning new recipes.

Why are rank 4-13 in same line ? I mean, there are recipes where it is better to fail in the combine, because you get some components back, so you can retry, and there get another chance for skill level.

Not sure if there is any at high levels, but in example Ceremonial Solstice Robe, if you fail, you get the chain back, and can the retry.

So personally, I would prefere
    Tailoring mastery 1-3
    Tailoring specialize 1-10.

As I then myself decide what I would advance first, if I were a newbie going to advance tradeskills, instead of first being force to advance the reduce chance for fail.
  2. fransisco Augur

Awhile back one of the devs looked into the code for gaining tradeskill skill ups, and he found that gaining points over 300 becomes prohibitively difficult.
    The difficulty increases exponentially, so that in the high 320's, you would need millions of combines.
    Without a complete overhaul of the tradeskill system, skill levels cannot realistically be raised.
    I wonder if they did this, or are just throwing an impossible task to tradeskillers
  3. Eanelder Augur

Rank 4-13 will only take effect after you have 300 skill.

Once you reach 300, the skill up method changes. It is no longer a chance to increase skill on combine, but dependent on how many recipes you have learned. (example: once you know 100 recipes, you get 301, learn 5 more (for a total of 105 recipes total) you get 302 skill. etc.

So the fact that it goes from 1 - 13 in a single AA shouldn't matter.
  4. Jetboy Lorekeeper

I'm still somewhat confused about what "by learning new recipes" actually means. It sure looks as though you simply buy the AA's and don't have to do anything else. Maybe this AA description could have been described less vaguely or am I missing something?

Edit:

If this is the case then exactly how am I to know what recipes I still need? Will I get a master list of all the ones I know and all the ones I still need?
  5. segap Augur

The only thing you can do is search in the tradeskill UI to see if you know something before getting the ingredients for it. There is no list of what you do not know or to give counts of known/unknown. Was no time to implement anything that could help you in that regard.

This is something I can see driving many of the completionist obsessed types crazy. Start making your spreadsheets from eqtraders and checking off everything you know.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  6. Jetboy Lorekeeper

So you buy the AA which then just unlocks the "opportunity" to increase your tradeskills once you add so many "new" recipes to your repertoire? With zero help in accomplishing this other that using your tradeskill UI and starting with the letter "A" and making a massive list of what you already know, and then start manually comparing it to say EQ Traders Corner website etc...and then try to figure out your head from your you-now-what? You can't be serious!

I'm going to keel somebody....
  7. Eanelder Augur

The plus side is that since its based on the recipes you know, once you "qualify" for 300+skill you get the skill-ups immediately. For example I got 324 in research without learning any new recipes, but just buy buying the AA.

If you were to learn all possible recipes now, you should be max skill when you get the new AA in Nov.
  8. Starkxx Journeyman

Does this include non trivial recipes or just trivial recipes?
  9. Jetboy Lorekeeper

WTB master list of all possible items you can make for all tradeskills at torch 2!

Seriously though, do we have to know say...75% of all recipes of any tradeskill to max out our skill now? Or 85%?, or 100%?
  10. segap Augur

11. Kuvian Lorekeeper

I'll tell you what I would love for the combines: auto making of dependencies. Say you are smithing and the item you want to create requires metal bits, but you don't have them in inventory. You do have the pieces needed. So the forge makes the bits needed, then makes the item with the bits.

A pipe dream, I know.
  12. Eanelder Augur

Id be happy if they just put the very "common" sub combines on vendors the ones where they're all vendor bought anyways... like vegetables, celestial essence, grilling sauce .. etc