Tradeskills that everyone needs.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kurage_of_Luclin, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Please don't make sub combines for quest items that are not part of the basic skills given to every class. I think it adds an unnecessary choke point. The sub combines which are required to make for the trade skill earing upgrade quest, are limited by trade skills that are race or class restricted. I propose that combines have work arounds like poison craft made in a mixing bowl etc . Please flag those sub combines that need poison craft and alchemy to be made in mixing bowl, and tinkering in a fletching table . Or add alternate recipes that can be substituted in , but made with the basic trade skills available to all classes or races.
    Vumad and Yinla like this.
  2. Schadenfreude Augur

Disagree. It's nice to see some benefit to people who did tradeskills before it was cool.
  3. Alarya Augur

This would be the social aspect of the game. The 'M' in MMO. The reasons why you group up, or join a guild, or add to your /friends.
  4. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

THAT was a quick thread.
  5. Petalonyx Augur

Would someone mind explaining what the purported issue is to someone not yet familiar with the earring quest? You have to pay others for combines?

One day I intend to do the quest, but im starting from near scratch on tradeskills.
  6. svann Augur

Maybe you could trade someone something for the TS item you cant make.
  7. Duder Augur

There are sub-combines that use alchemy, tinkering, and poison crafting that are all tradeable that are used to make another component used to make the power sources which must be made to update the quest.

I'm on page with the other replies, I don't see the problem here. As for workarounds, that defeats the purpose as well. Why even have tradeskills at all then?
  8. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Don't we all have gnomes and rogues and shammies with max (well, 300... maybe not 350) TSs for use in other TSs? I know I'm not the only one!
  9. Daedly Augur

Just got my gnome rogue and my shaman there this Sunday to prepare for the PS's.
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  10. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Gnome rogue would have been nice! I went with halfling back when they had an exp bonus. My enchanter is a gnome, though, so I got that covered :)
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Some players like to make things for themselves having an item like this, is frustrating if you do not have the other required classes.

Main reason I have a gnome enchanter, wood elf rogue and vah shir, barb, ogre, troll shaman, and a shed load of clerics.....just so I can make everything myself!

Oh yeah I forgot the Sol Ro wizzy!...and couple of mages!
  12. Alarya Augur

That's great! My point was that there is a reason why one character cannot make everything. If you want to solo play, by having alts who make up a guild/group/missing trade skill, and not have to rely on someone else then have at it! However, in a multiplayer game, don't expect to see ONE character who can "do it all" because you will be sorely disappointed.
    Duder likes this.
  13. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Making a level 60 shaman or rogue or gnome isn’t too tedious to get 300 and do these combines.

However I think it would be really cool if the Salvage and Tradeskill Mastery AA lines didn’t have level requirements associated with them.

Many people who have these class/race alts only have them for the purposes of tradeskills. Having to level them to 105 and grind a thousand AAs to be able to max the tradeskill is sort of annoying, especially when it’s an actual alt on the same account as your main who you can’t powerlevel.
    Kurage_of_Luclin and Daedly like this.
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This. (And, as someone mentioned... alt-itis)
    I made sure that those elements are tradable.
    Risiko, Jhenna_BB, Rolaque and 5 others like this.
  15. Szilent Augur

"Cooperation" is a fine proposition, but it's not like the Alchemists of the world can't also Bake & Smith & such. So in this case, sure, the shm & rog should team up -- but everyone else is a client. That's not cooperation, not interdependence; just plain dependence.
  16. smash Augur

Just a small comment about starting from near scratch on tradeskills..... WE ALL DID that once.
    And we did b4 there were those super ts quests, so we got the short way, while you have to start from scratch, but thats life.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

Clients also offer a possibility of profit. If it's worth selling, someone will make it. On the other hand, in my now rather small guild we have been giving things to each other.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Galliana Elder

What I would like to see is auto making of subcombines. Making something in a forge that requires metal bits but you don't have any? Ok, if you got the components, it makes the metal bits, then does the main combine. But I doubt that;s doable.
    Vumad, Sokki and Daedly like this.
  19. Moege Augur

I will settle and never bring up tradeskills again if combines would just directly use components from your bank.
  20. ArtremasEQ Augur

Disagree, quest fine as it is. It is obvious the entire point of the combines from those class/race specific TS's are to force their use. Working as intended, no need to dumb it down to lowest common denominator / everyone 'entitled' etc.

Nice to spread the love around, and for there to be SOME benefit to those more specialized tradeskill folks to make some income from them.

God forbid have to be social to play an MMO. (Even if that 'social' is no further than the bazaar).