Tradeskills (Make Poison) on Mangler after 250

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by LDEffectsMe, Feb 20, 2020.

1. LDEffectsMe Augur

Hey all. I really sat down and started focusing hard on Make Poison for my Rogue. For the first 250 points it seemed to go up decently fast. It really slowed down hard after that and I seem to be stuck at 275 now. This is the point where I need to go out and farm mats because I can't use all storebought components to make poisons anymore.

I've farmed enough mats to do approximately 75 combines of a Poison with a 302 trivial, and I haven't received one single skill up.

I worked up Make Poison in the past on Live and I don't recall it being this terrible to skill up. What gives? Is this some unwritten rule about Mangler that tradeskill gains are nerfed? How many combines should it realistically take to go from 275 to 300?
  2. modsiw Augur

3. Kodachi Augur

Poison is weird because it doesn't have the normal leveling path. Make spine rend if you actually care to level the skill. It only uses 1 drop mat (Crystallized Sulfur) which is super common and drops off practically everything in the game. They are incredibly cheap in the bazaar. I would also suggest doing the quest for the master poison seal, as if you 10 charge a poison you get all the vials back and the vials are a decent chunk of the cost of making proc poisons.

http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=7011&menustr=010000000000

That and the proc poisons are staggeringly more useful. Spine Rend is a poison based snare.

Oh, also tradeskills have abysmally small success rates at higher skill ups.