Tradeskills for Level 110 cap

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Aug 8, 2017.

1. smash Augur

Would not mind a quest where you can combine all the base tradeskills into.

So instead of having 7 trophies then you have 1 which effect: baking, brewing, fletch, jewel craft, potter, smith, tailor. It would give 15% (50) to them. Meaning you will have a tradeskill of 400 with the focus included.

Maybe include the trophy into shawl 3.0.

This would of course require people to have maxxed their seperate trophies to make this.

Why include into shawl. Well Brell is the god of tradeskills.

Disadvantage is connecting the trophy with the shawl aug.
  2. Pootle Elder

It was my impression that the Shawl was always supposed to be a raid level item attainable (after a LOT of work) for non-raiders. Please do not make any advancements to the Shawl quest line require high-end raid drops.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's always needed a raid drop from the Plane of Shadow raid to get the maximum benefit from it.
    Bobsmith likes this.
  4. smash Augur

Actually the shawl aug do have a high-end raid drop for the best aug. Drop from Plane of Shadows. Now old expansion, but at that time...
  5. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The Artisan Aug has a TS mod, 5% fail reduction for all TS's. Yes the stats are the main topic, but I think many overlook the focus it has as well. The 15% mod to all TS's so you don't have to juggle trophies is a nice idea though.
  6. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I totally agree about having 1 multipurpose tradeskill trophy, maybe as a reward for being max in everything, etc. i made this suggestion to ngreth as well. personally i dont care if its integrated with the shawl or not.
  7. smash Augur

There is something that has me wondering.

Why were shawl 3.0, artisan aug NOT binded up on a certain expansion ? And then released when that expansion came out. Just like that shawl 1.0 were binded to Velius, and shawl 2.0 were Underfoot.

I think both should have been that, it would have been a selling argument for those expansions.

So task giver for shawl 3.0 would be located in SL, and artisan aug in Lceanium.
  8. Bobsmith Augur

And 2.0 was convortium...iirc
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

That one you don't have to do via raid anymore.
  10. Thrillho Augur

Finding a decent charm aug is a pain. Most of us are running with the Shimmering Black Pearl from the anniversary task, which is limited on when you can get it, or the Stone of the Landing, which is just a random drop. I've had to rotate out stronger augs than both of these simply because nothing can replace them in that slot. If we were able to create a new aug via tradeskills for charm, that would be great.

It's disappointing that the Artisan's Aug doesn't fit in the charm slot. It makes perfect sense - charms increase their power from X, and the Artisan's Aug increases power through tradeskills. And then we don't have to wait years before we can replace a charm aug.

Tying a new charm aug to increase via tradeskills doesn't need to use the same "per skill" gimmick that the Artisan's Aug does. It could be something like adding power via specific high-trivial tradeskill combines. You could have it mix and match between tradeskills, or have lines of combines in a specific tradeskill instead, depending on the stats you want: 10 increasingly difficult combines in blacksmithing for max strength stats. 10 combines in Research for max int / wis stats. Brewing / charisma. Baking / stamina. Fletching / dex. Tailoring / agil. Pottery / JC required for all - make a Pottery base with 10 slots, each slot can contain 1 of the 10 items from above, need JC to combine.

Please don't make us farm old school for this.
  11. Bobsmith Augur

Correct but when current you did, right?
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Yup.
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Im not that far in the artisan's price quest yet, but shawl 3.0 Did require drops from Grelleth's palace for quest #2 http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=107510
    The only reward you could get without visiting RoF-zones, was the alliance recipe-book.
    Not sure you were allowed to scribe it without RoF though?
  14. smash Augur

True. Kind of forgot
  15. smash Augur

However if you make it possible to get the best aug for a certain slot, through tradeskills, then there is no incentive to get another for a long time.
    If you want best aug for charm you do have to do the anniv event when it is up.

If the artisan aug were useable in charm, then that aug slot would be filled the next 10+ expansions or more.
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Um no. No code changes happening, and about everything you said here requires code changes.
    See above about code changes.
    See above about code changes!!! - though I could do this with different items but the mass amount of items is gargantuan so... not gonna happen. (I think approximately 10^6 items if all options are available and we are only talking about the 6 main stats... sure it could be much less if we make you do it in a certain order and thus you don't get to choose "I want to do int first" but you have to do it in the order I create it.... but still lots of items...) the "charm" scripts adjust the whole item, not a single stat.
  17. Thrillho Augur

I've just never been a fan of the limitations placed on the charm augs. The two best right now (listed above) are 2+ years old, 3+ by the time they get replaced. There are plenty of augs out there already better than those ones. The Artisan aug is already tied to a slot - ear - and I'd agree it won't need to be replaced for 10+ expansions. Untie the Charm limitations and drop this in there to keep with the charm lore.

Thanks for the response. That would definitely be a lot of items, but that wasn't my intention. My intention was to have 6 recipe lines (int/wis, agil, dex, str, cha, sta) to create 60 new augs (hDex Rk. 1 through 10, for instance). Create a box using the appropriate tradeskill with the difficulty set to something similar to AOAAs. Combine Aug Rk X + Item = Aug Rk X+1 (no fail). Item can be from progression, named drop, quested, achieved, raid achieve, TSed, etc. Please not a raid drop, as a raid force would need 54 per rank. Similar to Dicho in terms of group content for the first few ranks, finish off with raid content. And similar to the Eyes of Life / Decay for ranks. Make the box consumable too, if you really want to promote tradeskilling.

We'd have to choose which line to follow, which we more or less do already. Maybe throw in 10-20% to the other heroics as you progress to keep things slightly balanced, and similar to other augs already in. If you wanted to switch an aug for something else, just combine it in the new container to make the equivalent rank for the different stat (miiiight be exploitable, if the difficulty between trades was large. Fletching = easy, research = hard, make your 10 combines in fletching containers then switch to research for 1, for instance). This would allow someone to change their lines without having to re-get all of the drops, but still requires them to do the tradeskilling.
  18. Sissruukk Rogue One

I still want to see Ngreth's answer to this :p
    Prathun and Sheex like this.
  19. Paladin Augur

When it comes to Fishing... there aren't many recipes at all.

Take away the Prepared Fish / Fish Bones recipes and you would have hardly any at all.

There are only so many Flys as well. Speaking of Flys, What good are they really over just your standard bait? Do they actually provide any benefit?

However, I think new Flys should be a consideration.... that have a benefit.

Fishing Modification %.
    Reduce chances of catching flotsam and jetsam (tattered sandals, rusty daggers...).
    Increase chances of catching two fish on one cast. Maybe even three?
    Reduce chances of catching standard fish (Fresh Fish).
    Increase chances of catching only Fish that can be used in Tradeskills (vs Fish that is only a meal).
    Increase chances of catching rare fish.
    Provide a chance that the Fly can be reused, instead of lost.
    Catch rare fish that are only lured in by Flys and/or specific Flys.

How about some variety to fishing where you can actually fish up a sea monster (Sea serpents, etc.) that attacks you? (an actual Land Shark would be hilarious.)

How about the ability to create a clickable "Bonzz's Floating Fish Dock" (will act as a mount with 10+ hr. mount timer) that will allow you to fish while over water? You will never have to fret again with being too far away from the edge on land, or just that one step too close to not be on land... just run out over the water, click up a dock, and fish away.

Just an idea.
  20. fransisco Augur

Just say no to fishing! Omgosh! Next thing you know, every zone in the new expac will be separated by boats!