Tradeskills for Level 110 cap

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Fian Augur

Assuming the next expansion raises the level cap, it will be time to release a lot of new tradeskill recipes as an alternate way to gear your character. I would like to suggest that Daybreak take a different approach to tradeskills.

The old method is cultural armor restricted by race/deity and compartmented jewelry. Both take unusual aug types only applicable to player made gear. To be honest, there were too many recipes. Buyers were confused, and for a bazaar trader, there were too many combos to stock everything that was needed.

The golden age imo, was OOW augments. They were slot 7 augs (which everyone looks for) based on rare drops from OOW zones. I made a lot of money as a master jeweler on those augs.

Here is what I would like to propose:
    Smithing/Tailoring: Visible armor: 4 types or armor: cloth, leather, chain, and plate for each visible slot. Like current expansion armor gear, users right click the gear to get a piece of armor for their class. This would take a rare drop from latest expansion zone to create (true for the rest as well).
    Jewelcraft: 4 new slot 7 augs for tank, melee, caster, and healer.
    Spell Research: Clickie spell items by level like current spell drops.
    Pottery: Maybe subcombines used by some of the tradeskills above
    fransisco likes this.
  2. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

or player crafted power sources that are comparable to the TDS ones (if we don't get new ones).
    Reynen likes this.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I did drop the cultural and socketed stuff (though I use some of the "socketed" tool in the creation)
    Not doing type7 at this time.
    I'm considering a power source but not committing to it yet.
    I'm attempting to get all skills into the "gear" (the armor is just smithing and tailoring) splitting it up.

(this has been on my whiteboard for about 4 months...)

[IMG]
    Janakin, Felicite and Miss_Jackie like this.
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

So...does that mean there is going to be a raise in the level cap then?
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I have no specific comment on that. My comment is on upcoming tradeskills content.
  6. Orbital101 Augur

Nice try :p
    Reynen likes this.
  7. Gnomereaper Augur

Fishing
    A) Talking fish pets for home
    B) Special bait and tackle to get access to specific kinds of fish for baking and brewing
    C) Fish farming-Capture and trade fish to breed and grow in your own home

Tinkering

A) Utility Belts- Batmen or Batgirls beware, get a right click belts that add potion belt slots
    -HP/AC utility
    -Transport to "civilized" areas in new expansion
    B) Mechanical Based Mounts
    C) Mechanical pets for homes
    D) Special mercenaries

Research

A) Augments
    B) Special scrolls with limited charges for specific effects that are effective on mobs
    C) Transport or telelocation sheets of spells, save time running places
    D) Studying ancient artifacts and then deriving this information to create schematics and other resources such:

Study ancient artifact->Create scroll on how to make it->Scribe->Get new reciepe
    E. Writing books that will train skills without needing skill points.
    -Drinking for Dummies->Scribe book-> +5 Alcohol Tolerance skill
    -Begging for Dummies->Scribe book->+5 Begging skill
    F. Skill mod Type 3 Augments for specific skills like Specialization Alteration
    G. Scrolls that will change factions with old world factions such as resetting Plane of Growth. *cough*

Pottery

Religious Items: Transport clicks like Faithstones and Soulstones that transport people to specific places like home temple or places of the Gods similar to Everquest 2. Home decorations that take you to older expansions that can be placed inside of Guild Hall as exciting decorations.
  8. Pootle Elder

I would suggest not killing Tunare if you want PoG faction.
    If you ask me its cool that there is still something in game where your actions have consequences.

But anyway, off topic.... we will now return to our regularly scheduled thread discussion!
    fransisco likes this.
  9. Sissruukk Rogue One

had to try, lol
  10. Fian Augur

Pretty close to what I was hoping for. This looks pretty good!
  11. Brohg Augur

moving type3 spell-boosting augs off vendors into Research crafting would be very fitting. Research-pottery-jewelcraft combo stuff?

My only specific request is a level appropriate poison usable by non-rogues for which the ingredients aren't so rare and the recipe so expensive as discourages regular consumption.
  12. EnchFWO Augur

Just curious how you rationalize "easy" poison for classes that don't specialize in it?

You just asked for multi-TS aug recipes but want simple poison... While the idea sounds great there isn't much basis for it aside from a few benefits that should be rare in the first place.

One of the few tradeskills that has also maintained usefulness (although now stagnated) has been alchemy. Would definitely like to see a lot of upgrades there. Honestly tired of the TS stuff able to be produced by the masses with no effort. Then again, most of it is useless so I guess it's not a big issue.

Level cap or not, we are 2x expansions due for new recipes.
  13. Brohg Augur

The type3 augments provide a persistent benefit over at least a year. The existing vendored version of these cost just under 16k plats. Much like a suit of armors, that are a lasting upgrade, it fits that they involve some higher investment of either resources or skills to produce. It's my opinion that this contrasts highly with consumables like powersources, foods, potions, and poisons.

Each poison has dual limits on its usability, via both duration and proc count, as well as being wasted in the case of a death. It would be a pleasant change to not use up days' and weeks' worth of resources generated by normal play to benefit from them over the course of an evening. Burning stuff like that makes some sense for raids - those have both heightened requirements and lengthy replay cooldowns, so it fits that you use more resources to combat them. It doesn't make sense to use Poisoncraft, as it stands, outside raids, since the effort of acquiring ingredients is so out of scale with the benefit.

Consumables that just plain aren't used don't serve their game purpose of benefiting the character, or their metagame purpose of siphoning off accumulating player resources.
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Stat-food/drink isn't really a "consumable" with the force-feeding mechanic(exploit?). Im not really sure if they are intended as a consumable, but most people nowadays just use the topmost bagslots as an extra "permanent stat-slot".
    There is not really anyway to get "repeat costumers" as a cook/brewer atm.

Btw, there are EoK exclusive tradeskill-labeled fish in EoK, but no known recipe? should I look harder? or is it just missing?
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

food is *intended* to be a consumable. That fact that a legacy bad game design makes it NOT a consumable very annoying to me. Unfortunately, a change for this is a "someday."
    plans fell through. there is no use for these.
    Jumbur likes this.
  16. Fian Augur

Btw, I would not be a fan of making type 3 augs player made as they are usually class and spell specific. Having 100s of different augs would just add to the bazaar confusion again, and most would end up not being available. Vendor bought (maybe 20k at level 110) would seem about right.
    fransisco likes this.
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Hmm. Why pottery/face out of curiosity? Thinking like this guy?

[IMG]
  18. Bobsmith Augur

Artisans prize love it. How about an upgrade to the shawl Aug? Shawl 3.5? Raid drop to make it 4.0. Nothing crazy just a good ts quest line and moderate Aug stat increase.
  19. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I wouldn't expect a new shawl aug when the current one is still being used. It's getting close to being replaced but I think those that have it still use it.
  20. Brohg Augur

for the next big tradeskill quest? I definitely don't want some new uber play item. What I want is is a crafting item. Either an assembled skillmod item, +15% to all the TSs, ideally as the one & only type20 waist slot aug (visible toolbelt ;)), or a carryable crafting "nexus" that has all your learned recipes from all crafts. If it lacks "experiment mode" hopefully it doesn't have to be a container, so it can be equippable, and could actually be the assembled skillmod also? caveat: I've no idea what parts of that are technically feasible :p