Tradeskill Trophy's

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sobmre, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Sobmre Augur

Maxing out a trophy is an really exciting thing, Until you find out it takes an trophy slot in your tribute window and you'll never use it unless you run back to your house and grab it.

Then even more exciting is when you forget to take if off and go kill 1000 Alarans and your tear that you have been working on is in your bag.

is it possible that trophy's can have a free tribute trophy slot for tradeskill trophy's ?
  2. Thraine Augur

No they don't, this is incorrect. Put your trophy in your ammo slot to skill up or make items, then just drop it in your bank when your done. easy and 1, 2, 3 :)
  3. Sobmre Augur

I jumped the gun a-bit with my rant let me clarify, you have the option of putting the fully evolved trophy in your home and it can be added to your tribute window trophy's but it takes a trophy slot.
  4. Thraine Augur

Ahh ok, I do like the idea of having set slot for the TS trophies tho, like a keyring for them or just bonus TS slots like you say.

Ive never thought of this as an issue tho since i would never waste a slot on a TS trophy since i need every slot i can get for raiding, but an interesting idea to clear up a few bank or bag slots
  5. Eanelder Augur

You can always swap out real-estate trophies on the fly regardless of where you are, so I actually do place TS trophies in my home and access them that way. I dont care much for tribute / trophies for raiding so rarely swap them out.

Worst part of using the TS trophies on real estate as there are more trophies then trophy slots available. This should be corrected when EoK comes out though with the Trophy Collector AA which is obtained from the collectibles achievement.

I would not say no to free TS trophy slots in real-estate though.
    Thraine likes this.
  6. Fian Augur

As far as I can tell, the complaint is "Can you make this idiot proof so that I don't harm myself by forgetting to remove my trophy out of my ammo slot when I am done?" I think we have all done it, but I don't think the solution is for the EQ team to code a solution for it. The solution is to remember to swap it out, and own the mistake when you don't.
    Tatanka likes this.
  7. Coagagin Guild house cat

Up until recently few but rare individuals even bothered with any tradeskills, maybe you saw someone like myself that always made his own food or the Wizard who mastered research back in the day because you HAD to do so in order to get your spells. Non-trivial spells like the exotic 'Invisibility' at level 16 were once TS only.

So, yes, there is some room to grow. Some room to gripe a bit. The current system has simply outgrown itself and deserves a little catch-up attention. If you had a bunch of trophies stuck back at your house, you probably got into the habit of running back for those, once a year guild request to make someone a Fleeting Quiver or make a months worth of food and be done with it. DB wanted a time sink and it worked - wonderfully. But also brought to attention how cumbersome that row of trophies stuck on the faux-mantle are to manage as well.

No one is asking for a minor market change for a half dozen people per server. Its looking more like a half dozen mains without seven trophies to deal.

- Coag
    Povar
  8. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

1. Open inventory window.
    2. Click the "Plot" button.
    3. Click the Trophy tab.
    4. Switch your leveling trophies for your tradeskill ones.
    5. When done tradeskilling, go back to (1) and switch them back.
    I mean, you don't even have to go to your house to pick up the tradeskill trophies... can be in the middle of nowhere just fine.
    Eanelder likes this.
  9. Atvar Augur

Still a lot easier just keeping them in the bank, as I would have to spend time thinking which trophies to turn on and off every time.
  10. WebNinja New Member

Yeah, it's as simple as just going to your trophy window and activating the ones you want. You shouldn't have to run to your home?