Tradeskill items to sell

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Madmax1939, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Madmax1939 Lorekeeper

Hello I play on Xegony server, been back playing for almost a year now so i have a pretty decent idea on what sells for trade-skill items but I just recently finished my tinker to 300 and have no idea what to make or even how to search in baz for tinkered items. Any advice on what to make or what you would like to see more competition of for items? If there is any other crafted item you would like to see more made of or more competitive prices on Xegony let me know and I will make it. If there are any spells too that you would like to see made and put up I always enjoy adding more known spell recipes, I am not sure on pricing spells though or if its really even needed now with most turn ins for spells out there.
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

Madmax1939 likes this.
  3. Madmax1939 Lorekeeper

Thanks I will join the channel when I can log on next. Most of the barter items I see are for the tradeskill items themselves not the finished product. I hoard anything with a tradeskill tag. Not sure if tinkering can be used for orbs. Although I do make the pure light and ethereal energerian orbs already with my main. Some tinker recipes do cross over though into other tradeskills. So might be possible.
  4. Grove Augur

On my server, I like to keep on offer the Corking Device. You might also offer Standard Bow Cam and Rebreather.

I used to offer all of the Geerlok crafting skill modifiers but I feel that correct use is very limited these days. They still help with low skills in conjunction with the trophy but I do not want to further the idea that Geerlok and trophy stack so I no longer show them in my merchant inventory.
    Madmax1939 likes this.
  5. Madmax1939 Lorekeeper

I will add those to try it out, hopefully bow cams stack.
  6. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

If you have fletching as well, I would do these (popular tribute item):
    If not, you might be able to sell the bow cams, or partner up with someone who has fletching.

Stuff I think is good:
    Iffy items:
  7. Zaknaffein Augur

I've never made a whole lot of plat with tinkering, though I never really made many items with the intent to sell with tinkering either but that's because I never saw a high demand for them.

Where I have made my plat with TS items in the past has been with the micro transactions of consumable items in mass amounts. Potions and food/drink for the most part. Primordial bows sell well as tribute items.

Alchemy has been my bread and butter really for making plat with tradeskills, baking and brewing can be profitable as well. At the start of an expansion cultural sells well but usually dies off quick so after that smithing and tailoring there isn't a whole lot. I havn't done much at all with JC for a long time really.
    Madmax1939 likes this.
  8. Madmax1939 Lorekeeper

Thanks I need to make that bow for flagging anyway I will farm extra to make a few to sell also. Most of those items look great at least to add some variety to my vendors. Thanks for pointing them out. Yea I sell the merchants feast and drink they seem to be a steady seller but have to compete with others on those. I do pretty decent on selling items that are made from the planar energy shards, ethernere essence and other TS drops from same expansions but its all pretty low margin stuff. Fun to make and sell though.

Yea the cultural seems to hang around on my vendors for awhile not really worth the slots. I did manage to sell one set of plate and one silk in the past few months.

Alchemy is the one TS skill I haven't maxed yet. I went with poison making back in the oow aug days since it was quicker to level it up. I do have a shammy and did the cresent reach quest to 54 i think skill and did trophy but stopped there for now.
  9. Grove Augur

I keep my eyes attuned to the general channel. There you may see a request you can fulfill. Cultural armor, maybe a weapon, or just a complaint the you feel can be overcome at least in part by a crafted item. I like to send links from the /buyer option in bazaar to see if what we can make meets the player's need.
  10. Madmax1939 Lorekeeper

Yea sometimes if i see someone ask for something in general i will make it and get it on my bazaar mule that night. Sometimes it already in baz but way overpriced or there isn't any. Never thought of using buyer to get a link thank you.