Tradeskill Auto-Combine Bugging Out

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Laurana, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Laurana Augur

From the August 18 patch:

*** Tradeskills ***

- Tradeskill Auto-combine will no longer stop randomly from lag.

I've been working through a lot of tradeskill things I've been putting off for months/years. When I open the Tradeskill Window from say the Guild Loom or the like, I use the Partial Name field to type, for example, Velium. I'm seeing in the Known Matching Recipes section all the recipes I know that include Velium. As I make my way through the list (doing ToV and CoV combines), I'm using the Make All button.

The bug: I'm noticing it stops occasionally. I never had this issue in my Guild Hall before, only in POK. It makes a combine, inventories it, but then nothing happens. No error message, no combining of the next item even though I have material in inventory (I was just making Velium Heavy Cloth to be specific, but it happens randomly to other combines). I have to close out the Tradeskill Window and re-engage the loom or what have you. This just started after the patch in August.

Edit: I was just doing manual combines, and notice the same thing happening. I click combine, click Auto-Inventory, and then the Combine button stays depressed/grayed out for a while. After 8 seconds of waiting, I closed the Tradeskill Window and re-opened it.
    I'm also getting a strange bug where if I close the Tradeskill Window and then pick up a bag in my inventory, the bag will auto-inventory itself as if I was still tradeskilling. I spammed picked-up a bag and it spammed auto-inveotory that bag, too. Weird!
    Rondor, Stymie and Baldur like this.
  2. Baldur Augur

I've noticed this as well. If you wait long enough it does start up again.
    Laurana likes this.
  3. Laurana Augur

I guess I haven't been patient enough to see how long it takes to start up again. Thanks!
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

I've never seen it start up again when the auto-combine stops. Is this something that it recently started doing since the patch to "fix" it?
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yep.
    Laurana and Velisaris_MS like this.
  6. Moege Augur

Happens when you close the tradeskill window and you have make all checked and the server thinks you are in the middle of a combine.
    Laurana likes this.