Tradeskill Achievement Suggestions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Froglok, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Froglok Augur

There are currently no Achievements in the Tradeskill category for Acquiring & Maxing out Tradeskill Trophies.

While one might argue that the Achievements for Skill Levels (200, 300, 350...) might relate to this, but it is possible to get those Skill levels without a TS Trophy at all.

Suggestion: Add them!

Suggestions / ideas to do this...

Poison Making, Tinkering & Alchemy, of course, would only be available / seen by Rogues, Gnomes and Shamans, respectively. All the rest would be available / seen by everyone.

Fishing has no actual Trophy, so there would be no Trophy Achievements for Fishing.

The "checks" would be progressive. That is, the Check for any Level 1 (Beginner) Trophy Achievmement would check for any (Level 1 to 7) Skill-related Trophy to credit the Achievement as completed. The Level 2 Trophy Achievement would check for any Level 2 to Level 7 Skill-rekated Trophy to to credit the Achievement as completed. And so on.

Under each existing / related Tradeskill Category add...

- Six (different) "Diggs' <Level> <Skill> Certification" Achievements for each skill (i.e. "Diggs' Potter Certification"). These would be granted (progressively, see comment above), for possessing any related Trophy, or a Trophy of equal or higher Level. Thus, if you have a Level 1 Baking Trophy, you would get credit for "Diggs' Beginning Baker Certification" Achievement. If you have a Level 6 Baking Trophy, you would get credit for all (6) Diggs' Baking Achievements (Beginner to Master). These would award 10 Achievement Points (AP) each.

- Digg's is not involved in Level 7 Trophies (no quest for those), so the Level 7 Trophy Achievement would not continue the Achievement naming template. Instead, call them "Legendary <Skill Reference>" -- i.e. "Legendary Jeweler." This cateogry would award 70 AP and a Title related to the Achievement name (i.e. "Legendary Jeweler").

Under that SPECIAL category, add the following Achievement:

Legendary Artisan - This category will be for acquiring / possessing every Level 7 Trophy (the Poison, Alchemy & Tinker Trophies should be listed as optional / not required). The award will be 80 AP and the Title, "Legendary Artisan."

Additonal Suggestions:

- Split Alchemy, Poison & Tinkering into their own proper categories. It would make them easier to find and does make more sense than "Special."
    - Change the name of the QUEST category to GENERAL, or move the Quest Achievements to to SPECIAL and eliminate the Quest Category.
    - Consider moving the Rallos Zek earring, Aide Grimel, earring of Solstice & Eron achievements to the Tradeskill section. It does not appear these Achievements are included in any other expansion-related Achievements as a requirement (i.e. Conqueror, Challenger, etc.)... and listing them under the Tradeskill Category (which is not expansion specific) makes sense... and would make them easier to find.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Would Akhevan Shadow Shears count has having a maxed out trophy or any of the other items which give 15% to tradeskills?

How would the game check for these achievements? Having them equipt and using relevent containers?
  3. Froglok Augur

No... dropped / crafted items, while they give a TS boost, aren't one of the quested Trophy's from Diggs.

And as noted, the check will be if you possess it (equipped, bank, bags, house...).
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

I like tradeskills, so...OK.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

Unless the "achievements" come with actual rewards that are substantive, like a way to boost my skills to 400 and above (AP and titles don't improve my character in any way and are completely pointless), then I don't want the devs wasting time on this.
    Stymie, Gialana and Yinla like this.