Trader Satchels

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Goburs, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

I know this has been posted before, and I know it's been brushed off. Curious as to how hard it would honestly be to just expand trader satchels to say 20 slots or so? I don't know the first thing about coding, so for me to say this would be "easy" is not the case. But can this eventually happen? With collects being a huge market nowadays, why are we still allowed a maximum of 100 items per character? seems a bit crazy...sooner than later..?

Dev's answer?
    Schadenfreude and Yinla like this.
  2. kyong Augur

I don't see this changing. Keeps probably several thousand more accounts gold. For every doubling of the capacity of a trader they'd lose a bunch of paying accounts.
    Tucoh and CatsPaws like this.
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Add a prestige tag to bags, specifically new trader satchel.

If a player logs in a character without gold subscription while having a prestige bag in bank or inventory the bag and it’s contents are parceled to you.

This would prevent whatever you think people are trying to exploit?
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

There is nothing to code. They have had the capability to expand satchels for a decade. Why was it never implemented? Who knows.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Because they think people pay for multiple accounts for multiple traders and would stop doing it if they added bigger bags.

No, really.
    Goburs, Corwyhn Lionheart and Tucoh like this.
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I wonder if there are more than 20 accounts game wide paid for just for the trader function.
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Least one here!
  8. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

So basically an inconvenience to the fan base to make extra money, got it...
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Keep in mind that basically all money decisions are made by suits, not the devs.
    Goburs likes this.
  10. Vumad Cape Wearer

I'm not sure what that would accomplish. You can't use /trader without a sub. Parceling it would just be an inconvenience.

They are not talking about an exploit.

Right now you can have 10 10-slot bags, so 100 stacks of items on trader. If you want 101 items on trader, you need a second account to sell those items. The argument being made is that people are maintaining extra accounts for the sole purpose of running multiple traders so they can sell more items. The argument is that increasing the bag count to 20, which would increase the item count to 200, would result in people canceling accounts because they no longer need the trader.

This might be ever so slightly true for a minimal example of people in the game who only use buyer and trader to take advantage of the game economy to make a few dollars on the side. The people farming anything have prestige accounts anyway, so I'm not sure how this applies.

The true entrepreneurs, if having 2 accounts with 100 each get a bag increase, they will just continue with 2 accounts at 200 each.
  11. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Yes, glad you put it this way. In no way a dig to devs, but I figured atleast they would be able to answer. Definitely don't see one of the "higher ups" coming here and caring enough to take the time to respond.

It's just too bad they don't even sell larger trader satchels in the DBG store or something...I'd buy some if it was reasonably priced.
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

They (company) really leave a lot of money on the table by not making bags more available in the store.

Here are the five hottest ways for DPG to make money:

1) Sell big bags on TLPs (the real ones that are on live, not the awful 12 slot ones)
    2) Sell bigger (40, 42, 44+) bags to everyone
    3) Sell bigger (20) Trader Satchels to everyone
    4) Sell collectible bags (people like them because they auto-sort when looting)
    5) Sell bigger (42, 44+) tradeskill bags to everyone
  13. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

That would be amazing. I would for sure buy atleast 4 trader satchels right off the bat, and probably a few tradeskill bags as well. That's just one character...I have a few others I would grab stuff on right after.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This would cause more problems than it solves.

A trader with just 3 full 20 slots trader satchels would be over their parcel limit which would result in losing items if they logged out to get a subscription, if they didn't have room to move those items to their inventory. Most traders are full unless they have sold something.

I think there is already a limit to how many inventory slots a non all access account can have, so this would just make things worse.