Trader Problems

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Stickietoes, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Stickietoes Augur

When I put new items on my trader I set price and add. When I go offline mode and come back all the prices are gone and need to be reset again. Same with previous items I have had on my self. I update the price, Go offline then come back and its back to its price as if I never updated it. This happens even if I /camp desktop. I can sell a new item during the offline mode period, but it reset's when I get back on. I have sent in a couple bug reports also but do not know if they message back. thanks :)
  2. TSR-AlexS Augur

Stickietoes, I'd suggest submitting in a support ticket to the GM's so they can try replicating this. It sounds like it may be a bug but they should be able to confirm it.
  3. Stickietoes Augur

Alrighty, will give it a try thanks
  4. TSR-AlexS Augur

No problem. I'll be monitoring forums all weekend so let me know if you have any more issues.
  5. Stickietoes Augur

1st reply

Greetings Stickietoes,

Thank you for contacting the EverQuest in-game support department in regards to an issue you are experiencing with trader mode and price setting. If you are using any type of custom UI or addons, I would recommend reverting to the default UI. I've included a link below that contains instruction on how to do so, and you may also set the default UI from the character select screen now as well. If this is not the case or does not resolve your issue, please reply when you are currently logging out and will be offline for a significant amount of time. This will allow us to borrow your character for a moment to test the issue you are experiencing.

Sincerely,
    GM Vinnare
    In-Game CSR EverQuest
    Sony Online Entertainment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Stickietoes,

Even if not using a customer UI I suggest that you type the command /loadskin default 1. After using this command, you will then need to log all the way out of EQ and re-patch the game making sure to validate game assets. This will catch if a file is missing or has become corrupted, which might be the cause of this issue.

However, if neither option resolves the problem you can reply back to this petition and we will investigate the issue further. For your convenience, I will leave this ticket open for 72 hours. You can reply back if you continue to have issues. However, if you do not reply within that time, this ticket will close automatically.

When responding we will need to know the name of the item you are placing up onto the bazaar and at what price. So we can test this on our end if you continue to have this issue.

Below I have pasted a few links to our Knowledge Base which gives more details on how to reset your UI and how to validate game assets:

UI Reset - https://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8574
    Running a File Validation Check - https://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1794

If you have any other issues or concerns feel free to contact us at any time.

Sincerely,
    GM Woebot the Robot
    Everquest

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd reply
    Hail, Adventurer Stickietoes! GM Felthius here.

I have submitted the information to the appropriate department for further evaluation. I also located the Bug Reports submitted through the '/bug' command from this account which I have also forwarded.

Regrettably, in game support is unable to correct this issue. If you have any other questions or concerns pertaining to this issue, please feel free to reply to this petition. If you have questions or concerns regarding another issue, please submit a new petition.

Senior GM Felthius
    In-game CSR - EQ
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just incase you care :)
  6. Bringer New Member

Anyone else having this issue recently or know how to fix it please?
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So do you have a custom UI?
    Are you logging in thru the patcher?
    Last time you ran file verification?
    Last time you logged out and restarted?

Have you tried adding all the items and prices BEFORE you go into trader mode? Do they all stay then?
  8. Bringer New Member

Yes
    Last Night
    Every Time
    Yes, when camping to character select yes but when going to offline mode, no.

In the end I had to copy another characters' BZR file and copy in the existing prices from the original toon, then added new prices. Something was wrong with the original file. The weird thing was when I renamed the original file, hoping that EQ would create a fresh one, it never did. The patcher wasn't recreating a new one and there wasn't a new one created when I started adding prices from scratch. It was really strange.

Thanks for the suggestions.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I wonder if deleting that characters ini file would have corrected it also - sounds like it was corrupt. Thanks for posting solution for others in the future!:D