Trader Prices Changing?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Stickietoes, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Stickietoes Augur

Ok, so last night I set up my trader. I priced Triumvirate Blood Stone to 100,000 plat... I log in this morning and It says I sold for.... are you ready? 1 copper

[IMG]

And yes, I did save the price, and in fact, removed the item from the list.
    [Thu Jan 29 09:20:59 2015] Item Triumvirate Blood Stone removed from bazaar list.
    then bam, up for sale, for 1 copper!, why on earth would I place something worth over 100,000 plat, for 1 copper?

Anyone else having this problem?, I don't care about about losing 100k, as that is next to nothing for me. But disappointed that I took off listing (Because I wanted to use it for the quest), then it sells.

By the way, Jan 29th seems a while, but this is the first time I turned the trader on since then.
  2. guado Augur

It looks like there's an exploit to buy something off an Offline Trader for 1 cp. Sweet. I need to buy all the kronos for 1 cp. Wheels are grinding!
  3. Aghinem Augur

Need more people to experiment to confirm this on different servers.
  4. Apathy Elder

There was a similar situation where people using third party software to automatically set/adjust baz prices on their vendor were being jipped by people who would price similar items on their vendor super low so the person using the software would have their price drop just below that person's price, then they would sweep in and buy the said item. Im not saying youre using the software, but it sounds like the same question/situation those people had. Or maybe, you were just sleepy and u hit your backspace a few times w/o noticing.
  5. Stickietoes Augur

Nah, only 3rd party software I use is Parse/Gina.

See, Id think it would be because I was sleepy. But I don't understand the copper part, I've never set anything under 1 plat. And the fact I never play when tired :p.
  6. svann Augur

Ive noticed that sometimes when Im trying to set a price the amount jumps to 10000000000000000000, or somesuch insane amount. I think its some combination of misclicking on my part but not sure what. I just know that when I set a price I have to check it's right after I hit enter. Maybe theres is something like that that changes it to minimum and you didnt notice?
  7. Kathylynn_Unity Augur

I had a few items that were giving me this message:

[Mon Mar 02 01:41:01 2015] Unable to add item to bazaar list.
    [Mon Mar 02 01:41:05 2015] Unable to add item to bazaar list.
    [Mon Mar 02 01:41:09 2015] Unable to add item to bazaar list.

I figured there was no reason to mess with it more, so I went into offline trader. The next day when I logged in those items were completely gone, no message that they were sold etc. From what I could tell they were never even listed in the bazaar, but they did have a highlighted green background in the trader window.
  8. Daislet Augur

I had a strange occurrence happen with my online /buyer

I normally have around 5 or so buy lines for Krono.
    I log in one day and they had all disappeared. The other buy line items were all there. I generally keep about 50mil on this toon.
    If you do not have the plat, then the buy line will /toggle off. In my case, I had no buy lines for Krono anymore.
    Happened just the once.
  9. Ratbo Peep Augur

Woa. These idiots were not being "jipped" in the least bit.
    They were being "schooled" by the honest players that you cannot run "illegal" third party software to manipulate bazaar prices 24/7 with impunity.
    I used Rat's sizable plat stash to create a few "lesson plans" for that very school on CT. <EG>
    -Rat
    svann likes this.
  10. Apathy Elder

I used "jipped", because whether they were using 3rd party software or not, having an auto trader automatically adjust to just below the lowest price of an item is not cheating anyone in my opinion. Ofcourse, Im not privy to everything those particular 3rd party programs allow you to do; I just don't see how auto setting prices is a cheat. Its more of a huge risk since people feel compelled to "school" them. Im also from CT and aside from a few traders that tend to monopolize certain items or jack prices way out of proportion ( only my opinion, ofcourse), Ive never seen one that merited being "schooled" by anyone. Perhaps, a /report would have been the higher road? =)
  11. svann Augur

No, its not cheating. Neither is it a cheat or a gyp (are we ok to use that word now?) to take advantage of it.
  12. Ratbo Peep Augur

Auto-anything is flagrantly against the ToS agreement.
    You *must* be at the keyboard to play any part of this game. (including /baz)
    In the case of the bazaar, it allows a "player" to insure he always has the lowest prices on an item, even if he's not at the keyboard "minding his shop" - that's a serious foul.
    It also has bad consequences for innocent players who are trying to sell items. A "bot" that keeps dropping prices can "destroy the market value" of items if he has a good stockpile of them.
    Bottom line is that a bazaar bot gives a person an "unfair advantage" over other people in that it can manipulate prices 24/7, while a real person cannot reasonably be expected to do so.
    Of course a /report is warrented - but these things are very hard to prove. It took me a good while in /tells with a few of the CT /baz "heavy-weights" to convince them that this one guy was "the real deal" of a bot. Once convinced however - they assisted me in playing "Let's Make a Deal". (as well as their adding /reports to mine).
    Even a few innocent players that "accidentally" scored some "bargain basement" loot off my trader during "the operation" - returned the items gladly so I could finish the job. Then I parceled them their items back when the job was complete. That's how much people despise cheaters.
    -Rat.
    For the uninitiated - How to smell a bot? :
    It's on "all night long" yet never in "offline mode".
    It drops prices at regular intervals to 1, 10, or 50 pp under current lowest price for an item.
    It tends not to respond to tells, or responds "late" - the savvy have audio triggers for /tells.
    You can cause it to make insane price changes at abut 4am <EG>
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  13. Apathy Elder

ok thanks for the heads up and the info; I appreciate it.