Trade skill City

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by demoria7, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Brohg Augur

2. beryon Augur

They removed most of the vendors in PoK and moved their inventories to random other vendors. Like for example, the fletching vendors were removed and their inventories were moved to a random smithing vendor. Some stuff got lost in the shuffle and wasn't available at all. The change was later reversed.

I'd love findable TS containers.
  3. Aanuvane Augur

You don't have to go into the bazaar, you can purchase them from Zosran Hammertail in the western trader building. Or Halena Paerk or Joszan Hammertail or Savet Ironstove.

I agree fixing Gerta would be better, but you don't have to leave the zone to get them.
  4. Malbro Augur

What Aanuvane said. I think I spelled that right.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You don't have to. There's a vendor at the east tradeskill building, right at the corner you get to first coming from the small bank, who sells the metal tempering solutions. No zoning required.

I HIGHLY recommend eqtraders for these types of things. Look up the item you need, and it will show where it's sold, sorted by zone. Very handy.

Tat

PS - LOL, that's what I get for replying before finishing the thread. I see two others answered :) The Ironstove guy is the one I was referring to.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

OK, some good points, some recipes I didn't know about (or forgot about over the years). Looked some of them up, I don't think they're within reach of the bankroll a casual would have.

Another point to consider... does anyone do tradeskills anymore, except that they're required by certain quests? (I'm thinking mainly of the shawl here, but I'm sure there are others). There's no big market for tradeskilled items that I've seen. So if it is easier these days, isn't that a good thing?

Tat
  7. Bleve Lorekeeper

I do tradeskills to make Primordial Driftwood Compound Bow for personal and guild trib. I also make Distilled Mana Tonics and Ancient Hedgewizard Brews for our casters. Also the occasional Rocketeer Boots and Sorcerer's Blade for new folks in the guild, or alts. Oh, and stat foods...

LoL, I end up making a bunch of random stuff for folks, just because I can. Pet armor, August Crafted armor and Boundless symbols for people going the crafted route. . . etc. Honestly I started crafting just for the shawl, but now that I have all the trade skills, I do find myself using them a bunch.
  8. Mayfaire Augur

Yep, I did them that way too. Did them all in 2 weeks including the trophies. By the end I was wearing a wrist brace and my fiance was making fun of my tragic "sports injury". :D
  9. runecrow Elder

First let me just express and extend my personal sympathy to anyone who had to max their skills without the auto-combine. I am so sorry.

That looks exactly like my experience. Currently working on tradeskills for quests "Phylactery will get you nowhere" and "crown of deceit" and it is a royal even with auto-combine. Tailoring especially. I think I've managed to get to about 170 on Tailoring so far. So much farming needed. Poor velium hounds in the Divide. I feel so bad for the holocaust I've brought them and must bring them. But need those skins, boys. But they come slowly.

Indeed. I looked at those links and the combines are simple but costly. If you're super-rich and have teams of gnomes scouring the realms for your components, tradeskilling may come a bit easier, but I can say that a solo wizard scraping by on 20k plat finds tradeskills a B-I-T-C-H.

And I really want my crown of deceit. But it will take a while to get my tailoring up to make that mammoth hide cloak. I figure I'll have my phylactery by 2020.
  10. runecrow Elder

Oh and as an added bonus for me, my dinosaur of a laptop will crash if I go to either the Plane of Knowledge or Crescent Reach, so both those places are off-limits to me. That means I'm working on tradeskills without access to the two places being complained about. I'm just saying. You know that Cinderella song "Don't know what you got til it's gone"? I can't imagine what I'd do without teleport capabilities. You people with your planar nexus tradeskilling cities. Meanwhile I'm traversing land and sea to get a damn silver ribbon
  11. Mintalie Augur

Yes, I'm late to the party, but other than this tiny minor inconvenience (Savet Ironstove is literally around the corner), the changes they made in PoK with regards to tradeskills is beyond awesome. Wish I had waited a year to do my shawl... between the PoK tradeskill area and the auto-combine button, tradeskills are actually reasonable now.