Tracking ... is it auto granted?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nickatropolis, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Nickatropolis Augur

I remember back in the day, a tracking class had to really work up the skill to be able to see anything on track. On the latest TLP servers (ragefire, phinny, etc) I've had a couple characters who could track. Upon immediately unlocking the skill, I could see several mobs and track things with ease. I still get skill ups, but it doesn't seem to change my characters ability to track... some people were telling me that tracking isn't auto granted... any thoughts?
  2. Laronk Augur

skillups give you more range on your track
  3. Nerdz Elder

yes, The skillup difference is the reason why the diameter of track on a Ranger > Druid > Bard

If you had 100 track on a ranger or druid, you should see the exact same distance as a 100 skill bard.
  4. Tarmor of Surefall Journeyman

You're tracking skill controls the radius out to which you can "see" a creature in the skill window. As you work the skill up you will see a marked increase in this radius. The simple thing to do to figure out your current radius is to pick a static (non moving) npc (i.e. a guard or random person) and move away from them until they drop off tracking.

At a skill of 200 you'll have a radius of approximately 3000 distance units.

Once you start actively tracking a critter you'll continue to receive directions [regardless of the distance the critter is from you] until either A) the creature ceases to exists in the game work (dies or despawns) or B) you cancel the tracking by opening the track window and then hit cancel (with out selecting a target)