Fixed Internally ToV TOFS Raid - Events buffed since level increase

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Rylak, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Rylak Elder

Please check the coding on the raid scaling for ToFS.

We went in tonight to clean up some Conq for the Luminous Restless Ice Aug and noticed that the events parsed out to showing ~40% more total damage needed with mobs seeming to have higher mitigation capabilities that limited DPS to below the increase we expected to see.

Ex. 12/20/20 Tsserina : 10.5B total damage

Tonight 12/27/21 : Multiple people reported ~14B total damage.

Seems to affected Wedding also based on parse.

Frozen heart also died much slower from 10-0% than expected.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Raids don't scale. Are people using the new spells/abilities without having their AAs/focus bought for the higher levels?
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Drakang Augur

That would slow them down. But not up the total hps of the mobs
  4. Angahran Augur

How many times with previous expansions have older mobs/events randomly got boosted ? Old mobs gain millions of hp ? Start casting new spells ? etc, etc.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Maybe when they make a new expansion they also make monster templates for new monster levels(with new spells and hitpoint values etc.) and old raid mobs that have a high level, somehow get values from the new templates by mistake?
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Sancus Augur

This can happen if raids are set up using the errand (Heroic Adventure) system (like Hate/Fear, and apparently some other TBM raids?). I don't know why ToFS would be set up that way, but that would be the most obvious reason.
    Shindius, Duder and Riou like this.
  7. Drakang Augur

Seems like this may apply to COV raid mobs also being stronger.
  8. Drakang Augur

Yep mob hps increased. Mobs hitting harder.
    Maedhros likes this.
  9. Dalrek_MM Elder

Zlandicar seems to have gained 10% more hp. From 4,8 bil til 5,4b.

CoV crusaders dragons seemed to have higher dps according to our MT first time we went back there after ToL launch. Said Sussarak dps went up to 130-140k with defensive discs running
    Shindius and Yinla like this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This has been happening as far back as House of Thule, I remember NPCs in Sanctus gaining new spells from the following expansion.

Its all about the NPC templates, if they use old templates and increase the values or something and add the new spells to them. Or give all NPCs of X level certain HP values/spells, it was explained back then but I'm getting old and I've slept a lot since then so it is very hazy.
  11. strongbus Augur

correct when ever they do a level increase and add in new spells/hp totals for mobs over x level all mobs over that level in the game get the buffs not just the mobs in the new exp.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

I'm glad the older raids have become more challenging, makes me wish they had scaled to 120 a year ago.
  13. Syylke_EMarr Augur

We also saw CoV raid targets having more HP and damage output than pre-ToL. I'm not a fan, personally. We've already beaten all of these so I'm not worried about "challenge" level; these are just farm targets for app/alt gear for us. And I expect any guilds that haven't beaten them yet would prefer to not them be even harder now..
    Shindius, Swiss and Winnowyl like this.
  14. Angahran Augur

For any guilds that have not completed CoV, the level increase would, hopefully, have made it possible to complete these raids.
    Buffing these old events simply makes it so there is even less content available.
    Add in the fact that at 120, many classes are LESS powerful than they were at 115, this is a ridiculous situation!

What is the point of levelling a character when all it does is make you weaker and your opponents stronger ?
  15. Lidjet Journeyman

Miragul is only getting 7 weeks of CoV before Luclin launches in a couple weeks. The 19th? We're most likely not clearing it in era due to the time line and this will make it more difficult for us to progress. Please fix this.
    Maedhros and Yinla like this.
  16. Drakang Augur

Having been a guild that was an expansion behind for a long time till we caught up and started completing them on time this hurts any guild that has not beaten everything.
  17. Lidjet Journeyman

Okay, I just went back and looked at parses. We had CoV released a week before Luclin came out.

So we got a week in of the old way before Luclin came out... Last night Zlandicar had 20% more HP, and hits way harder.

We thought we were crazy how we were struggling after just wrecking Zland, Tantor, and Kland after the first week getting them all in an attempt or two first attempt after CoV came out for us.

After Luclin came out we were struggling.. wiped a few times. Still got them down but we attributed it to missing some key people with holidays coming.

This all makes sense now. This needs to be fixed. This is ridiculous. You cant expect us to progress with 20% more hp on all mobs and them hitting harder with T1 gear.

We've been struggling with T2, but looking at where we were.. we would have gotten some of them down if they were at the old format. Im sure of it.. close wipes

At this point.. luclin comes out in 2 weeks. I feel like CoV was basically ruined for us to experience. Which is a real shame.
    Treage_Imminent and kono like this.
  18. Dzarn Developer

Verified and created a work ticket internally to fix this.
    During the development of ToL it was discovered that the code was unintentionally truncating max NPC HP at ~4.9 billion, this was fixed to allow new raid targets to have higher max HP.
    What we failed to review and fix was pre-ToL NPCs that were currently at or above 4.9b, these will be adjusted back down to 4.9b or potentially less in the case of Amalgum Arbiter if I can convince Absor. :D
    Axxius, Maedhros, Shindius and 19 others like this.
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

So. This was an unintended side effect of a bug fix for a different issue. It was not an intended change.

During Terror of Luclin raid testing, we noticed that rooted bosses were not summoning. As part of that fix, we removed a HP cap that happened to be set at 5billion.

Zlandicar has had 5,620,000,000 HP since 10/28/2020. But, the game limited him to 5b HP internally. (The 4.8 or so you were see is the mechanic where 4% of his health doesn't matter as part of the victory conditions)

Our GM tools in game show us the full HP we set in data, So, as far as we saw, the NPC had 5.6b hp.

So. You probably care less about the details of what happened than what we will do. We will check on CoV raid bosses and adjust their HP down to the old cap. This should be in the 1/19 patch.
    Axxius, Maedhros, Shindius and 14 others like this.
  20. Kendeth Augur

The CoV ones are definitely the ones we want fixed the most on Miragul but since this is causing issues with ToV raid events too will those be looked at as well?

Edit: Posted my original comment mid raid and it came across as more selfish sounding than intended.