ToV spell question?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ratbo Peep, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Ratbo Peep Augur

Are the Rank I Tov spells actually worth buying?
    Or are the current Rank III spells equal to or slightly better.
    My instinct is to just wait for the new RKII to drop and save the time and plat.
    Just in general...
  2. Riou EQResource

If you have the Eyes of Life and Decay at 10%, most ToV spells are not worth anything until rank 3, and even then in some cases they are sub 1% upgrade over the Eyes boosted RoS/TBL versions

Now ToV does seem to have included an upgrade to the Eyes (to lvl 120) so when you get that, the gains will be normal for a level increase

If you don't have Eyes of Life and Decay then Rank 1s should be generally better then old 3s

Of course things like CC (mezes, stuns, other things Eyes don't boost, etc) will be a general improvement at rank 1 too to reach the new levels on mobs
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  3. Ratbo Peep Augur

I don't - I might have 1/2 an eye somewhere though.
    Re DPS and Heals: Are the Rank 1's really worth it? Or so close waiting for RKII's to drop would be just as prudent?
    -Rat
  4. Riou EQResource

For those it really depends if you can get them from raids or not, if you can from raids without Eyes you'd just go 1->3, if you don't raid go straight to 2, with eyes you'd go straight to 3

Only exception would be CC related things to hit the new mob levels, in those cases rank 1s are probably a decent choice

Another exception for heals or dps is possibly if you havent gotten an upgrade in a long time (for example Monks new crane stance disc is an upgrade of a like 20? 25? level old spell, so the upgrade is decently big, almost 2x from old 3 to new 1 not including the eyes 10%)
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  5. Erebor New Member

Wow, do you need the original eyes to upgrade to the 120 version?
  6. Dagum Elder

That would suck.
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  7. Tumbler Lorekeeper

So raiders get rank iii spells, better focuses, and this added damage on top of that. Yay
  8. Riou EQResource

Actually unlike the Eyes of Life and Decay which was all raid only in TBM, you should be able to get to at least a 7% out of 10% rank this time in ToV since the 4th rank (with the 7%) is from the Hero of Kael Drakkel achievement
    Sancus likes this.
  9. Colt4954 Journeyman

So, are the TBM and ToV expansions linked via storyline ?
  10. Ratbo Peep Augur

That would REALLY suck.
    Just discourages new and returning players. No one wants to raid TBM now just for eyes.
  11. Ravanta Suffer Augur

You absolutely do not have to have the TBM eyes in order to get the ToV augment.

The ToV augment (Luminous Restless Ice) is awarded from completing Hero of Eastern Wastes. It only requires 1 mission. The focus on the first rank is 1%

Completing Hero of the Great Divide (1 mission) unlocks rank 2, which is 3%.

Completing Hero of Velketor's Labyrinth (1 mission) unlocks rank 3, which is 5%.

Completing Hero of Kael Drakkel (1 mission) unlocks rank 4, which is 7%.

I would say this bodes extremely well for casual players.

Completing Conqueror of Torment of Velious (defeat all of the raids) unlocks rank 5, which is 9%

Completing Vanquisher of Torment of Velious (get all of the raid achievements) unlocks the final rank, which is 10%.

I have not personally done all of the hero missions yet but I am told they are not too difficult. I have done one of the hero missions and we had a far from ideal group, that wasn't even full and we had no problem at all. There were some deaths involved, but recovery and resuming was very quick.

If I had to summarize it, most group players should anticipate being able to earn the 7% aug pretty much automatically from playing through the expansion. Once Conqueror and Vanquisher become available (which won't be until after the tier3 raids become available) everyone in a raiding guild capable of beating the tier3 raids should expect to have the rank5 augment very quickly, and even later in the expansion if someone apps to their guild that person would get rank 5 without requiring any specific raid hoops to jump through.

The final rank, which of course requires Vanquisher of ToV, will surely take a little bit of time for even the top guilds to complete. Since it requires jumping through all of the raid hoops on all of the raids (many of them are easy or even basically awarded automatically) my guess is that only active raiders of top guilds should anticipate having rank 6 of the augment. And at some point, people that are applying to those top guilds would likely have to wait a bit before they can unlock rank 6.

TLDR: People that only group should anticipate unlocking up to rank 4 the 7% augment without any real trouble at all, and being able to do so pretty soon after the expansion unlocks. All raiders of guilds capable of beating ToV will be able to easily upgrade that to rank 5 for 9% once rank3 raids unlock, and applicants will easily get rank 5 of the augment even before they have earned full member. It's likely that only active raiders of the top guilds should expect to earn rank 6 of the augment.
    Ratbo Peep, Petalonyx and Riou like this.
  12. Lianeb Augur

These requirements have changed.
    Hero of GD
    Savior of EW (merc, partisan,hero)
    Savior of velks (merc, hero)
    Savior of Kael (merc, partisan, hero)

Last 2 are unchanged and are still the raid things.
  13. Raccoo Augur

Odd, I don't see this changed on beta achievements.
    Duder and Sancus like this.
  14. Lianeb Augur

You are correct i must have the change backwards. I want to say i got them for savior
  15. Petalonyx Augur

As a group only player, i am glad to see this isnt a 0 vs 10% power difference accessible only to raiders. Yay!
    Ratbo Peep likes this.