tov rank 2 spells

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Cydonia, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Cydonia Elder

so i saw my first glowing engraved velium rune drop today. i gave it to my shaman so i could claim talisman of rygorr (the group unity spell)

glowing runes are for level 115, and talisman of rygorr is a level 115 spell.

however it wasent available on the list when i clicked it.

are some spells not upgradable, or otherwise ugraded via a different option?

cheers
  2. Bigstomp Augur

Many long term buffs have only one rank in ToV.
    Short term buffs still have ranks.

Example for cleric: Symbol and Righteousness only have 1 rank.

Personally a big fan of this since long term buffs are long term buffs. Not waiting for a raider with a rk 3 to buff. Just toss generic buffs.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Looking the spells up on ZAM will show which ones have 3 ranks and which ones only have one rank.

Alternatively, you could look up the runes/quest, and it will show which spells are available for each class.

One more reason they may have done this: For those spells with only one rank, you HAVE to spend the plat to get them, as opposed to getting the rune right off the bat, and never spending any. Creates a bit of a plat sink. No idea if they track it at that level.

Tangent: For those into tracking econs and all that... have you ever looked at EVE online's econ tracking? They put out a monthly report that's really quite detailed.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

Group and targetable buffs were removed from the rank system.

Self buffs were not. Caster shielding, which is a self only buff, still has ranks, which, I am told, is why caster rk3 shielding overwrites shaman focus.