ToV Partisan Task The Way Back Home - Step 2 Broken

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by 666DPSweDeliver, Apr 16, 2022.

1. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

The 2nd step for the ToV Partisan Task "The Way Back Home" wont update. The step is "Take the shortest path to Thurgadin from Ada's last post". The update location should be around location 1600, -12. Spent 3 hours walking over the entire north half of the map, attempted the task 20 different times on 4 different toons, 3 different accounts, and none of them can get the task to update. Task giver is Missionary Ada.
  2. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

Run #21, got the update ... theres something wrong with this quest. The 21st run was on Luclin, and i can reproduce the update every time on that server. Its not updating at all on Povar.
  3. Jumvapace The Most hated

There are 2 possible update locations for this step. Which one you have to run to depends on which one you're assigned between getting the mission and when you get the first update.

Not exactly sure when it's determined. But every step in this mission has 2 possible locations for each update. I believe they put in multiples to accommodate for many people running the quest at the same time. Good's maps only has some of the possible locations. A guildmate found the other locations and marked them on a map I cannot find anymore. I do however know the 2 possible spots for the 2nd step. I cannot post a location until servers are back up though.
  4. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

Aware of this, hence the fact that I covered the entire North end of the zone ... walking. No location would update this task.

After the server reboot this issue is moot as the locations are now correctly updating the task. Assume the script simply got corrupted on the server and rebooting during the patch fixed the issue.