ToV group content needs tuning down

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ScreentimeInfinity, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Well it certainly doesn't need to be made any easier. Many couldn't handle TBL as it was so difficult, more with getting past the trials than the other zones. Estanti the 5th zone was quite easy BUT you needed to do the 4 zones progression to get there, whoever thought is was good to had a t1 zone locked behind T2 zones needs their head tested. OT and SF are again T1 zones which are harder than T2. EQ for the last couple of expansions were backwards.

ToV was a breath of fresh air having, T1 zones that casual group players could jump into with approprate gear and levels without having to worry about drakes flying overhead or stupid dots on incoming that almost kills the puller.
  2. feeltheburn Augur

this post was seriously made while sober?
    Micker likes this.
  3. Yendar Augur

T
    TBL wasn’t exactly difficult as far as the tuning went. It was difficult because other groups AE/knock back would hit you, break your invis, kill your merc(s), knock you off platforms to die in stratos etc. Mearatas mobs AE was hitting basically the entire zone. After they upgraded merc’s and changed some of the AE mechanics it also was extremely easy.

So what exactly is entailed in progression? There aren’t any roadblocks, or anything difficult in tov progression. What tasks are you saying is difficult that people are having trouble completing to get their exp? There aren’t any.
  4. Tegila Augur

I'm not, it was being said like progression is the easy button and mindless grinding was somehow the hard way.

That said...it takes me 4-8 times as long to kill a mob in the entry zone of TBL as it does any zone in RoS...so yeah it was bumped up a LOT. If I can kill mobs in well under a minute in t2 Ross, then why is the first task in TBL to kill a few mobs in same said entry zone, that take like 4 minutes? I'm sure all y'all with your mill sustained DPS blah blah don't even notice the difference, but that's a huge hike. I'm not complaining, just disagreeing with your assessment
  5. Lyyr Lorekeeper

I started ToV with a conflagrant geared and aa autogranted sk and was able to kill named and get snowbound. It was a little close at times but I was able to progress. Having an actual cleric, not a merc, made the difference. Cleric mercs are honestly just as crappy as tank mercs.
    Yinla likes this.