(ToV) GD on FV

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kounterchrome, Jan 22, 2022.

1. MrMan New Member

I'm not saying that people who used 3rd party stuff are good for the game or not good for it. I just don't think it's a big deal with 100 zones to level in. This isn't the Original EQ with a handful of zones. Doesn't matter to me either way, but it's ridiculous to make it seem like they are ruining EQ. People have been using those programs forever.

Also, that guy on FV that you mention over and over, got a ton of his accounts suspended very recently. All the ones in ST disappeared at least.
    Andarriel and Fenthen like this.
  2. Schadenfreude Augur

He has a second guild now, the dozen or so wiping every half an hour in Ka Vethan have a different tag (on a medical theme, naturally.)
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. JeffHanson Augur

Oh boy, a suspension. That will teach him a lesson. (In a week or two he will have TWO bot guilds.)
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

I'm just wondering why, after multiple people petitioning him in Ka Vethan 24/7 with THREE FULL GROUPS OF AUTOMATED CHARACTERS, he is somehow immune to GM takedown.
    Moege likes this.
  5. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

You want to rid EQ of automated BOT groups? If so, people need to quit using their PL service. If that happened, they would dry up and be gone for good. (TLP's are a different beast with their own issues)

It won't happen, so you just have to deal with it. EQ is big, find a good spot, there's a lot of them.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea i need the botters and afk auto forage people to make stuff without them i wouldnt be selling im sure.
  7. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

OR... now stay with me on this... if you want to do something truly revolutionary, turn this game away from task system\questing as the only way to level. Put experience in grinding back on the table as a way to level. Then people who tire of crappy progression quests in EW that are broken and are the only way to start to get to 115, can just load up their box team(without IzBoxdat spechul program for comp sci majors who like EQ) and just PLAY the game like so many have done for the first 20 years of this franchises' life without the aforementioned forced questing\progression.

Then H-dawg or whatever the name on FV doesnt get the PL business.
  8. Fenthen aka Rath

I'll one-up ya....

1) Stop making things take 12-60 hours to get done. Do you know why people are botting so heavily? We're all 15-20 years older than when we started this game. We have families. We have jobs. We don't have time to sit through 15 named spawns among 100 placeholder spawns for 1 single loot drop.

2) Stop making tradeskills such a chore. Why again are we AFK combining 3 hours of fish scales to make a single cloak?

We don't play this game because we enjoy torture and running through virtual pixel elf chore lists. We play because we love the social aspect. We play because we like raiding and accomplishing challenges. We play because we like building and having pride in our characters. We do not log in to play because we like 50 gigs of combat spam to level up.
  9. Visitor Augur

I can manually run 2 groups, with a merc healer in each group, not sure if i can break the groups down and have more mercs. Thing is most of my alt accounts are silver farmers or buffbots, the few mains are good, but not great, and 20 years in, i dawdle a lot.
    As to PL, i often boost lower levels, but at a certain point they have to stop and build skills, and eventually make their own way.
  10. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

PL's have been around for years, this currant low XP in the last 3 expansion's isn't the cause. They were around in ROS and earlier expansions. Increasing the XP won't change that. There always will be people who just don't want to level their alts or even their main, so off to the PL BOT army they go.

There's only one way PL BOT armies will go. When DBG's removes them.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Plus alot of people are real lazy on FV good for me as a trader though lol.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Doubt that would work they would just back with new chars and they would level themselves up real fast too.