TOV experience design will hurt raiding

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Dec 23, 2019.

1. devll New Member

its simple to fix. all they have to do is make 115 regular exp again not the grind . not hard . I just dont understand how this was over looked .
  2. Tucoh Augur

I'm wondering how they'll dig themselves out of this design hole where 111+ XP per level is MASSIVE and is only alleviated by having ToV achievements give MASSIVE xp. This will be a generally unpopular design choice that they probably won't want to move forward with, but will they correct it by having levels 116+ have less xp than levels 111->115?
  3. devll New Member

its only the first time you run them . that you get the big bonus
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually making 115 to 116 a larger number lets you create more of a cushion. A smaller number is less of a cushion.
    ROFL@mycorpse likes this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You need to be able to go to ToV to make the T1 armor.
  6. Laronk Augur

You know, I think groupers probably die more in an average week than those people in the top raid guilds that only log in to raid.

But oh no what if the raiders have to burn lessons in a group once a week to get their exp back
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Laronk Augur

Not on FV =)
  8. devll New Member

laronk please do a little research then post thanks.. ask any tank in any top raid guild how many times they die a raid
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I said to quit making stuff up... well, odds are you aren't. However to fix it, hit Control Alt F. Highlight your name and turn off XP Sharing. You'll get back to the still not great XP rate, but not 0.001% per kill rate.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No you don't the items to combine in the tradeable gear is itself tradeable, my alts on my other accounts which I haven't purchased the expansion for are very happy. :)
  11. Sathayorn Augur

Hi! Allen of Valhallah, AKA, Applicant Tank in a top guild here. Often, when I die during a raid night, it's only one time, unless the entire raid dies.
    As an applicant I am expected to tank a lot, and am given many assignments.
    Perhaps you should rethink how often "Top Guilds" let their tanks die.
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  12. devll New Member

13. devll New Member

theres a zone you prolly have not been to yet and I understand I think its called meratas, butyea
  14. Laronk Augur

My paladin died 6-7 times on raids on Saturday (cureing problems on sheen) and I barely had a buffer (freshly level 115) But I'm not in a top 10 raid guild so I guess I wouldn't know we haven't tried meratas though.

What I do know is messing around in group content playing with randoms in a given week I die way more than on raids. Cleric ninja afk's or we pull the whole room and don't have cc or playing more to the edge of what's possible even if I do group with other people from my guild then we LOL and go on with our session.

I imagine that people in group gear also just die sometimes from accidents or the named is mean to them, not to mention bugged out nameds. People in group gear will also die several times a night, they'll go do TOFS without CC and that horrible pathing because they group with what's available.

The only reason that the exp thing might be a problem is there's lots of raiders that only log in for raids.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  15. Sathayorn Augur

Valhallah beat Maeratas third, check your facts foo'.
  16. Cicelee Augur

In his defense, the tank said he was an applicant of Valhallah. That could mean the individual himself/herself may not have seen the event yet...
  17. Sathayorn Augur

His thought process was more likely "Tanks die in my guild, which means tanks die more often than non tanks in 'other' good guilds" Where the truth of the matter is, if your guild is good, your tanks share a death rate similar to other classes, next to nil.
    Bringing up Maeratas as a reason "tanks die" is a load of unmentionable substance, or "Halfling" if you would.
    TL;DR: Top Guilds keep all their members alive, until they can't, not just "non-tanks"
  18. Sathayorn Augur

This isn't the days of classic, where tanks, or more accurately rangers, would eat unresistable instant killing death touches.
    Use some glyphs if you need to, if you're waiting for a rez, someone up.
  19. Sathayorn Augur

20. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

LOL. on a successful mearatas run, there are maybe a handful of total deaths, and most of those are squishies that get an unlucky mephit spawn/agro. that's literally the entire difficulty of mearatas, not having people screw up and die -> causing a cascade of death effect.

in any case, the death rate of tanks when learning events is MUCH higher than once they're on farm.
    Laronk likes this.