ToV Earring Evolving Quest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

I would have sworn this was post patch but now I'll have to go back and look to see when the last time I did this mission was.
  2. Sputnik_Stan Journeyman

I am sorry if this question has been asked before as I have not read the whole thread.

I have a problem at the end of the first earring, I have completed the quest, evolved the earing so it is now the Bloodied Potential earing.

When I say All Hail Rallos Zek to Crusader Vraket he just stares at me, also if i try and say the text to start the next quest "make a totem" he says you have not finished your scouting, come back when it is completed, so I cannot get the second quest started.

Can anyone help me if i am doing something wrong, if not maybe I am bugged for some reason.

Hope someone can help =)

Zevod - AB
  3. Ashian Augur

You need the traveler achievements before you can start the next quest. Make sure you zone into every zone in ToV then come back to him.
  4. Sputnik_Stan Journeyman

Thank you so much Ashian, I shall do that right now =)
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

There is no such thing as manual evoloving.
    What happened in TBL with evolution happens here in ToV.

You get an item from some method. Then you go kill mobs to evolve it. When it reaches 100% it auto-evolves. Period. Then this Evolved item, you do something with it to get the next item.

in TBL that something was Reward sets.
    in ToV that something is tradeskill combines.
    in BOTH the evolution step works exactly the same (except the amount of EXP needed) :) All that differed is what you do with the evolved item. There was never a "manual evolve" step in TBL.
  6. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Maybe I'm mis-speaking.

In TBL I would get my ring to 100% it and it would go green / ready to evolve and then I pressed the "convert" button on it (after taking out my augs) and it would reward me with the next ring and I'd put the augs into the new one.

My TOV earring I do the quest, then I am given a new "evolving" earring and then I go grind. Once it reaches 100% I'm not required to hit a "convert" button, it just becomes the next earring (without a percentage) and then I go back to the quest giver and get the next quest.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Lianeb Augur

the confusion is that with tbl it auto evolved like it does in ToV. But in tbl when it evolved it didn’t give a different named item and was 2 of 2 of that item then you had to push the button to change it to the next one. That pushing of a button is akin to doing the tradskill combine in ToV.

So yes they both “evolved” automatically
    -----Cinexa----- and Sancus like this.
  8. Cloud the Third Augur

On luclin I will pay 20 krono for a full set of Bare Necessities Of A Simpler Time minus britches, ushanka, and smallclothes if someone wants to trade them.
  9. Ashian Augur

I have a spare set that I would be willing to trade. PM me your in game name?
  10. Cloud the Third Augur

Cloud is the name
  11. Natal Augur

You need to complete the explore achievement to get the next quest. Just visit all the zones in ToV and he will talk to you.
  12. Ravanta Suffer Augur

I was a bit surprised that the 6th earring quest does not require you to make an augment before you make the earring since that is how the prior earring worked.

Yeah, I've heard that the augments are not currently able to be equipped and it will be fixed. That's another topic.

Granted, I was really glad for not having to make an augment in order to make the earring, since I have not looted a crystallized precious velium ore yet. They seem pretty rare. They are notrade, and the augments are notrade also.

I feel bad for anyone who has looted one of the ores on a toon that they do not, and will not do tradeskills with. With as rare as they seem to be, they would likely be worth a good amount if they were tradable.
  13. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Are the GD mission collectibles confirmed a bug? Or are we stuck farming Narandi for 100 years?
  14. Fian Augur

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but here are the first TS recipes that are unlocked that aren't quest related (4th quest):
    You have learned the recipe Enchanted Velium Clay!
    You have learned the recipe Unfired Velium Empowered Gem Crucible!
    You have learned the recipe Velium Empowered Gem of Freezing!

For a caster, it upgrades your TS security aug (that fits in charm slot) to have a 2k proc. There are also healing and melee versions of the same aug that you can swap between.
  15. Cloud the Third Augur

Well the 6th quest is probably one of the easiest ones I have done so far. It is late now but will post details later. Nothing rare is needed for the combines and the killing is kael isn't to bad although part of the steps is waiting for random message when you kill certain types of mobs so can take a while.
    Ashian likes this.
  16. Kontra Augur

Hey gratz on finishing your Wrathful earring Cloud
  17. Cloud the Third Augur

Quest 6

Examine 2 sets of orders that remain on the dead giant leaders
    - may be any named unranked giant not 100% sure but we killed in south area and it updated before the other one updated
    Examine how 6 of the rank and file soliders respond to the orders
    - randomly kill non-named giants (or rank giant) u get text everytime they die and it will sometimes update
    Kill 3 Restless dire Wolves
    Examine the front-line defenses that protect King Tormax
    - location update around tormax
    Speak with Crusader Vraket
    Kill 20 Restless Dead
    - kill any mob in kael
    Collect 6 Restless Bone Marrow(s)
    - everyone should have this done by now
    Collect 5 Restless Giant Skulls(s)
    - this drops only when you have quest
    Lay five skulls of the abominations at the head of the honored dead
    - location update run around the south room with the burning corpse
    (forgot text) Kill a restless in front of the Avatar
    Speak with Crusader Vraket
    - You learn the earring and sub combine item along with around 10-20 18 slot aug combines
    (forgot text) Create (forget the name but item from bone marrows)
    (forgot text) Create final earring
    Alarya, kizant, svann and 1 other person like this.
  18. Fian Augur

From 5th quest you learn the following recipes:
    You have learned the recipe Velium Protector Source!
    You have learned the recipe Velium Mendicant Source!
    You have learned the recipe Velium Convoker Source!
    You have learned the recipe Velium Assaulter Source!
  19. beeroke New Member

Hi Ngreth , love the earring quest. I just got to the research part making the four powersources and
    apparently my research skill is too low. I get the "you are too inexperienced at your craft to even
    attempt ..." message. Is this doable at less than 300?

Thanks,
  20. svann Augur

TS quests almost rising to epic quality now!
    Daedly and Yinla like this.