ToV Earring Evolving Quest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Thanks... I guess I know what I'll be doing to bloody earrings 6 and 7.
  2. Ashian Augur

Wow terrible grammar in my post you quoted, I’m embarrassed. Note that earrings don’t evolve in raid format, so if you’re clearing EW/GD raid instances for the Diamondized ore and Frozen Fate, don’t do it in a raid!
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  3. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Oh, I didn't realize diamondized ore drops from trash in the raid zones.

So...... when TBL was current content we killed trash with one group for the augs... is that not viable in ToV? How hard to the mobs hit in the raid zones?
  4. Ashian Augur

They are the same relative difficulty and can definitely be killed with one group. You’ll probably want a raid geared tank. Tizmak are clustered in GD though so you’re more likely to get a swarm of mobs clearing GD trash than you did clearing TBL trash.
  5. Cloud the Third Augur

Very easy to do with 1 group (we can down them with 1 bard (raid geared), 1 sk (group geared box for ber), 1 ber (raid geared), yes we did do them without a healer and it was slow waiting for some burns to come back up) and our guild leader said we were cool with doing it. Than the rest of our guild started crying about it so after our second clear he said we couldn't anymore due to devs threatening to ban players / guilds who did this (not sure I remember devs ever saying you can't go in with a single group to just clear trash but maybe they did or something).

All the trash that drops this gear in EW and GD are completely out of the way and nowhere near the raid content itself which really makes you question why does this stuff even drop in raids? Can the devs just make a static hard version of a group mission with just the trash and a 5 day lockout for people who want to clear trash for these drops? That or change these raids to make it so at least there are some trash kills needed before you can start the raid itself?

It is extremely annoying for the few of us who have 7th one done doing weekly ToV raids and we down the 2 EW raids but of course not going to waste time clearing the trash in EW so we go on to GD then down all the trash there and after that they decide we have time and go back to do GMM raids and we don't get to touch a single trash mob. I mean for most players who cares only a few of us can even use them due to GD collection bug.
    FubarEQ likes this.
  6. Fian Augur

Here are the recipes learned from the 6th earring quest:
    You have learned the recipe Rallos Zek Acolyte's Assault!
    You have learned the recipe Rallos Zek Acolyte's Stealth!
    You have learned the recipe Rallos Zek Acolyte's Strategy!
    You have learned the recipe Rallos Zek Acolyte's Fortification!
    You have learned the recipe Rallos Zek Acolyte's Defence!
    You have learned the recipe Rallos Zek Acolyte's Attacker!
    You have learned the recipe Rallos Zek Acolyte's Assaulting Ice!
    You have learned the recipe Rallos Zek Acolyte's Defending Ice!
    You have learned the recipe Rallos Zek Acolyte's Ventral Defense!
    You have learned the recipe Rallos Zek Acolyte's Dorsal Defense!
    You have learned the recipe Rallos Zek Acolyte's Casting Ice!
    You have learned the recipe Rallos Zek Acolyte's Protecting Ice!
    You have learned the recipe Rallos Zek Acolyte's Soothing!
    You have learned the recipe Rallos Zek Acolyte's Warding Ice!
    You have learned the recipe Rallos Zek Acolyte's Enhancement!
    svann and Hellowhatsyourname like this.
  7. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

So, lol, NOT hard then.
  8. Celephane Augur

WUT? I'm pretty sure no one said anything like this.
  9. ArtremasEQ Augur

The thread about raid lockouts and when you can and can't go into them, has created some major confusion/uncertainty about groups doing individual Aug runs in raid zones between raids. (The loot lockout vs Raid lockouts etc)

Folks erring on the side of caution until clarified. (Given getting it wrong, could get you suspended/banned)

Hoping it gets clarified soon.
    Sancus and Celephane like this.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Single groups are fine.
    Playing tricks to gain loot when you have a lockout for that loot is against the rules.
    Duder, FubarEQ, Thunderkiks and 7 others like this.
  11. Natal Augur

There is no confusion. Some raids were playing with who did the requesting to avoid the loot lockout when some people in the raid already had one. Obviously that is an exploit, but it is not relevant in the tier 1 raids since there is no trash clearing that has to be done. It is more of an exploit that was relevant in TBL raids, not ToV raids.
  12. Mintalie Augur

That's pretty definitive.
    FubarEQ and svann like this.
  13. Cloud the Third Augur

So as long as we don't use mule toons to get an instance and avoid our toon getting the loot from getting a lockout it is fine right?

Would it be possible to make it so you only get a trash loot lockout when you A) Kill a trash mob in a raid or B) Loot an item from a trash mob in the raid.

This would be great I think because then we would be fine getting a solo group raid instance to go for the groups maybe even allow when the raid is gained still to not get the trash loot lockout so if those in the raid who want to clear after the boss is dead won't be stopped from getting the drops but we could not since we have a lockout already. I think this would fix the exploit problem (not sure if it would be too complex to do) and still allow single groups to get a lockout different from the rest of the raid but still allow those without the lockout from getting some items.
  14. Mintalie Augur

People just need to follow the rules of intended gameplay, not give the devs more work to do.
  15. Cloud the Third Augur

The point is to allow people who want to play more the ability to farm augs but also allow the people who are not that into single grouping the drops to farm them after a raid with whoever wants to stay. This is only an issue because we can't get the groups from the raid itself and those who want to farm them more often don't want to block those who only farm them once a week after the final raid of the night.

This is a massive problem for those who want to put more time into playing but can't because they get yelled at for blocking everyone else who plays less due to wanting to be in the raid at the start. I mean we could join the boss raid after it is started but as they said above it is an exploit because than we can farm trash with having a lockout already, I mean I am fine with this because I would drop the raid and be like hey I already had the lockout and don't want to exploit and stick to single grouping but it creates a problem with being accused of it.

Yes I know we are addicts the one this affects and maybe alot of people it doesn't so maybe it isn't worth the trouble to fix 2/3 of the population when only 1/3 or less of us are doing this. I don't want to create more work for the devs but it is frustrating for us addicts.
  16. Mluian Journeyman

But the normal routine for the last expansion was to allow anybody to form a group and farm their augs during free time (and get the loot lockout for augs). Then come raid time, all those people had to drop raid, the remaining raid killed 1x trash mob to get the raid the loot lockout after which time any groupers with the loot lockout could be re-added. This clarification really makes it sound like anybody who has a loot lockout who joins a raid where aug/aug parts can drop is risking punishment.

Isn't the above sequence the exact situation of "playing tricks"?
  17. Sancus Augur

That's an exploit; none of the guilds I raided with did that in TBL.

Instead, make someone with a loot lockout raid leader when you request the DZ. That prevents that expedition from dropping any augs and allows the raid to do the actual raids normally.
  18. Lisard Silly

this isn't clear enough for me. please confirm Yes or No the following:

Can I form a group. Take this group into the raid instance. Kill the trash base pop mobs (ToV for example would be the Tizmaks, Wurms, Coldains in the Great Divide Raid: Restless Assault) for 'Diamondized Precious Velium Ore' , 'Frozen Fate' and tradeskill materials. after completely clearing ONLY the trash base pop mobs. Group disbands, DZ (expedition) is removed. NOW, later in the day comes Raid Time. Can we then join the raid. Request the DZ Utilizing the Longest loot lockout to request. zone in. Complete the Raid Event. Open the chest. Is this fine? is this Okay?...

if this is not okay...then you need to Increase the drop rate of the Augments/Materials from the base pop trash so that when our raid force clears it as a single unit (1 raid) every 4.5 days. so we can make progress on our earrings/augmenting our earrings for the 60-70 raiding guild roster.

we are being held hostage atm by these vague "rules" when we all understand the coding is an issue. like im scared to leave the guild hall atm b/c i know something horrible is coming in response to the whole loot lockout scenario, and i truly dont want to be caught on the wrong side when I'm a good iskar.

I only bring this up because I am a Guild Leader of a top end raid guild, with many members who want to get their augs/earrings completed. I Told them to be cautious and to not "exploit" but now im basically being the bad guy because im denying them the opportunity to play and progress because of bad coding on your guys behalf.

please send help. in the form of a proper response. Thanks!

-Love Lisard <Silent Redemption>
    FubarEQ, Yinla, Remien and 3 others like this.
  19. Remien Master

Would be nice if they added a a mini raid boss or two in each raid zone that guarantees a dropped 1-2 type19 ore and 1-3 of the charm luck augs.

Better yet remove trash mobs from the main raids and put in 12 man raids that are purely to fight those mini bosses and have a separate dz lockout from the main raids. So there is no issue of managing dz lockouts for trash npc loot lockouts.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Lianeb Augur

Or clarify DZ loot lockout rules.

The last post by dreamweaver did not answer either of the questions that were answered even though he acted like he did and it was crystal clear. The only thing Crystal Clear in that post was "unintended gameplay"

Lizard brings up the exact scenario i asked about and got no response.

Then to further that if the raid has a DZ that augs are dropping in and someone with a loot lockout is added inadvertently who is at fault? The Raid tool manager has no indication that someone was added to the DZ with a loot lockout after a lock out was obtained.

When I run open raids how will I as the Raid leader know if someones alt joined a completed DZ from their guild to loot an item and then joined my open raid, without a lockout. Am i at fault....how am I supposed to know this since they didn't get a lockout while being added to a finished event and now want to attend that same event on an open raid.
    Yinla and Remien like this.