Totally killed the excitement and buzz

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elite_raider, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Gnothappening Augur

As far as mobs dropping more loot than they should be, I am basing that strictly on the description of the server. It said we would get random loot. It also said rare mobs would spawn more often. It never mentioned that mobs would drop 4x to 10x as much loot as they normally do. I assume this is a function of how they had to implement the random loot. They have a skeleton crew and have to do implement stuff the easiest way sometimes. This causes oddities like mobs dropping crap loads of loot. While I don't particularly like it, it was a part of the server from day one and there hasn't been any mention of it changing, so it is what it is.
  2. Kahna Augur

It was far more likely done on purpose. From our experimentation we have theorized that mobs roll first to see how many mobs worth of loot they will drop then roll to see which mobs loot they will drop. Mobs can drop anywhere from 2-4 mobs worth of loot. Maybe more, maybe less, that is just what we have seen. That is something they would have had to go out of their way to do. It would have been simpler for them just to have each mob roll 1 mobs worth of loot, than to add extra code to make the mobs drop several mobs worth of loot.
  3. Gnothappening Augur

It is possible that it was done intentionally. It is also possible that they meant for it to not do that, but the way they implemented the randomization caused it. Either way, it is part of the server now. I don't particularly like it, but as long as vendors buy loot for plat, I'm fine. I can see this being annoying once we get to the era of mobs dropping loot that can't be sold. I think a lot of the stuff in luclin is like that.
  4. Ravanta Suffer Augur

At least the tiering has effectively killed any real reason other than boredom to kill Derakor. From a difficulty perspective it's a bit amusing to see Harla Dar in Tier3 and Vindi in Tier4 (I really doubt Dio has ever died to Harla Dar on this server), but can you imagine there being an actual reason to kill Derakor other than boredom, and sheer convenience?
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

90% of the posts here are opinion stated as fact.
  6. Lemerian Elder

You could just not loot the items...
  7. Gnothappening Augur

I often don't loot the items. Right before Velious, I was at the point where Hiero cloaks were rotting. It just feels off to let an item like that rot.
  8. manglered Lorekeeper

Mischief is by far the most successful server launch since FV imo .... the ruleset may not be for eveyrbody ... and given that theres so many options to choose from the solution is simple ... if ya dont like mischief play somewhere else . oh also i think before we look at changes on mischief we shold def look at the plane of fire exploit first!
  9. Gheed Is not reading your response

He has the numbers boys. You heard it here, BY FAR THE MOST SUCCESSFUL EVERQUEST SERVER TO DATE!!!

Lmfao
  10. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Give away items, the best part of this server is watching fools try to sell high ticket items over an over in my logs on some of my traders.

Just completed my epic on my own mage cost was 4 krono and 2 of that was the water staff because I hate that zone and so does everyone else I know haven't stepped in that zone since ragefire.

Come /baz even better prices incoming. :D
  11. manglered Lorekeeper

sorry perhaps i shouldnt use shorthand some people have limited reading comprehension .... IMO = in my opinion (aka hey this is just my opinion, not fact)

some peoples children ....
  12. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Sorry bubba, Selos has that crown.
  13. ViciousEQ Elder

We have a flat-earther here boys!
    Tymeless likes this.
  14. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

I think that's the point a lot of people are successfully making while a few high end raiders are trying to make this a more raider friendly server (aka every other TLP). While I don't agree its a close to perfect ruleset (it's really just a gimmick, as outlined below and who it has attracted)

From what I have seen in the last couple weeks a ton of people signed up because its random and free trade and they had a chance to raid and get stuff they normally wouldn't get. A lot of these players are REALLY bad at this game. Like leveling is a challenge with how bad the player base of the server is. Population wise, this might be the least talented server ever made. There just aren't many good players. If you are already 60 and started a long time ago and leveled with your buddies you wouldn't know this. There is almost zero talent on this server. Like some of the worst players I have ever played EQ with. I haven't really had to level in PUGs in a long time and it is almost sad how it is right now. This isn't even "casual." You can be casual and a good player with lower play time and understand the game. That is not the case for Mischief.

That alone is going to wipe out the top 2 guilds (when attrition hits for new servers in the spring there is no one capable of joining them).

Through that logic, catering to the top 2 guilds and creating loot tiers will be a mistake as its going to wipe out most people from this server that are just flat out awful. Keep it random and keep gearing up the scrubs or the server will peter out.
    HekkHekkHekk likes this.
  15. Risiko Augur

I have a number of people on the server I know that have mentioned to me that this is the first TLP server that they intend to stay past Luclin or Planes of Power simply based on the randomized and free trade loot rules. These aren't bad EQ gamers mind you. These are the hardcore, down everything with ease, old school EQ gamers that I am talking about. So, I have to disagree with you about the server petering out eventually due to a lack of good EQ players on the server.

If anything, I am seeing a lot of exceptional raiders that have decided to join small guilds made up of just their in-game friends rather than joining a massive raid guild on this server specifically because you can get all the best in slot raid gear in each expansion with out having to go kill the top tier raid bosses. That alone is making it so that a guild of 15 to 20 members can get best in slot raid gear in every expansion with out the need for massive raid attendance and DKP systems.

It's like a breath of fresh air getting to enjoy the game with out having to put up with the big guild politics and drama.
  16. Gio1999 Augur

One of the worst arguments ever.

"Gear up scrubs or else."

I swear the bad players of Everquest sound more and more like incels.
  17. Gheed Is not reading your response

They should keep everything how it is.

It keeps it very mischievous and that way I get to come back to the forums every 3 months and read all the crying from the manbabies
    HekkHekkHekk likes this.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

:)