Not A Bug Tormentor's Sparkling Ice Spike of Dominance (Enhanced Minion XXVIII)

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Anhur, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Anhur Journeyman

Hello,

Tormentor's Sparkling Ice Spike of Dominance (Enhanced Minion XXVIII) does not appear to be empowering pets.

I won this item on Monday, upgrading from Rolled Rack Gear Ear Cuff (Enhanced Minion XXVII), however the pet continues to con dark blue.

1. I am a Beastlord
    2. I am using the correct spell (Spirit of Blizzent)
    3. I have confirmed I have just the Tormentor's Sparkling Ice Spike of Dominance equipped and no other item(s) that could impact it
    4. I have dismissed the pet and re-summoned it numerous times
    Squadd, Girlz, Ruffnk and 3 others like this.
  2. Sancus Augur

It is empowering pets. Your pet's stats and innate mitigation changed; not every pet focus rank increases the pet's level/con, and pet performance is mostly independent on level/con.

That said, it's certainly possible that the pet not being a white con is a bug, as the top raid focus from the last few level cap increases have made pets white con. It may be intended, though.
    Squadd, Girlz, Ruffnk and 1 other person like this.
  3. Anhur Journeyman

This was my thinking: pets are enhanced although their level isn't bumped, but for the past few expansions pet level has been increased when using enhanced minion far as I can recall? I also parsed a bit and didn't notice any difference.
    Squadd, Girlz and Ruffnk like this.
  4. Sancus Augur

It's normal for only some EM foci to increase pet levels. Unfocused pets start at level cap - 5 (ToV pets start at 110, RoS pets started at 105). RoS pets had 11 valid focus ranks (EM 17 through EM 27), and ToV pets have nine in game (EM 20 through EM 28) If every Enhanced Minion rank increased pet level, EM 17 for RoS pets would be 106 (which it is), EM 18 would be 107, etc. up through EM 27 being level 116. EM 27 is actually level 111. Here's a chart comparing them:

[IMG]

A valid observation is that every two focus ranks for the RoS pets increased pet level by one, which is a convention that also holds true for ToV pets but breaks for EM 28. I don't know if that's a bug or not, but it is a departure from convention up to that point.

I do have a bug report here about diminished scaling per focus rank relative to the RoS pets. I haven't tested Beastlord pets, but my guess is that's what you're experiencing. There should be a small change (~2%) in minimum/maximum hit, but it would take fairly long parses to see the difference. I don't know if that's a bug or not, but I was hoping to see some feedback one way or another. That hasn't happened thus far :(

Edit: It also occurred to me you might only be going by con? If you actually use the /con command you can see the pet level. EM 28 is level 114, same as EM 27, but it is four levels higher than an unfocused pet (both con dark blue, though).
    Squadd, Girlz, Ruffnk and 1 other person like this.
  5. Anhur Journeyman

Hello,

/con has pet at level 114, using both focus items.
    Squadd and Ruffnk like this.
  6. Adiera New Member

I'm going to agree that something is very wrong with Enhanced Minion. I have the Summoner's Faded Velium Earring (EM22) and my pet not only can't hold aggro from me with taunt turned on and the rage swords equipped, but he isn't tanking properly. I should be able to tank TBL mobs with him considering he's level 112 and enhanced, yet it's a struggle to keep him alive. He also didn't gain any levels, he's the same level whether I wear the earring when I summon him or not. He should be gaining at least 1 level shouldn't he?
  7. Bigpun New Member

my BL pet seems very weak for having EM25 I know its last expansions chase but the EM still seems like his pet was more beneficial before the expansion
  8. Adiera New Member

To add onto this, my level 107 water pet, wearing the GMM EM21 earring, would refuse to take anything but weapons. My level 112 water pet, wearing the EM22 earring, takes all focus bag items except the cloak and neck.
    Duder likes this.
  9. TrueNorth Developer

Enhanced Minion XXVIII is correctly enhancing summoned pets as intended. Though it does not result in an increased *level, it is correctly increasing pets' stats.

*To be clear, it does increase pet level, but by the same amount as Enhanced Minion XXVII, not more.

Thank you for your report!
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Wouldn't that indicate the amount of exp needs to be increased to keep the actual effect the same?