Torment of Velious: The puller's expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Depends on the group's tank and how many mobs you can lull at one time.
  2. Fian Augur

Please share with me a single mob that is charmable in Kael. I mean, if you are going to spout off, please at least play in the zone first.

Anyway, lots of assumptions on your part. I never said I didn't pull or didn't know how. But with mezz unavailable, I am going to defer to the bard of the monk in the group as they are the master pullers.

P.S. The giants aren't stunnable in Kael, but I believe the wolves are.
  3. Fian Augur

I guess I should clarify since a lot on this thread are assuming things. I like to mez. I can pacify pull, fade pull with the best of them, and while I can root, I would rather just tell the ranger in the group to punt/root adds with their superior abilities than doing it myself (btw, currently there is a bug that makes enc punt/root strat not so good of an idea). I am not a fan of the zone. If you are an enc and love it, good for you.

FULL STOP

Despite the fact that I am personally not a fan of the zone, I can see how it could be an appealing zone for the true pulling classes - bard and monk. Sure other classes (like enc) can be effective pullers, but the experts are bard and monk, and they really shine in the zone. I could easily see those classes loving the zone, and thinking it is one of the best zones ever.
  4. kizant Augur

Enchanters are master pullers tho. :cool: The only problem I have in kael is that the giants I can charm summon so they make annoying tanks. So, I just used the friendly helpful giants to help tank for me. I had no trouble pulling what I need though even when I was pulling halfway across the zone through mobs. It's nice having a quick IVU.
  5. Odiiusx Elder

Just Pally pull and go with it. Instead of Mez you can now work on ADPS.
  6. RPoo Augur

This was in beta so my memory is a bit fuzzy but I want to say I charmed aggressive corpses...
    kizant likes this.
  7. svann Augur

If every group could have a great tank that would be great!
    Maedhros likes this.
  8. svann Augur

Try the northern part of kael with a group that can only handle single pulls!
  9. Endorek Lorekeeper

My pulling complaint is the tizmak's with their snare in GD. What's the point of the snare? It doesn't make the mobs themselves harder, it just makes them stupidly hard to pull, not to get single, but to get into camp. It's not fun for anyone when the puller dies 3 out of 5 pulls.
  10. svann Augur

I figured out how to pull mammoths and it may also work for tizmak. Pull, get grabbed, fade. When their grab or whatever falls off pull again and their cooldown wont be ready yet so they follow.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Jennre like this.
  11. Jennre Band Leader

DOOD, OUR SECRETZ!
    svann likes this.
  12. Astral64 Augur

13. Mazame Augur

If you want to learn to play a chanter let me know I will be happy to help. If you want to QQ because 2 zones out of 6 don't let you mindlessly play the game by AE mezing then I am sorry. But some people like a challenge and these zone make you think out side your normal box.
  14. Narlee Scholar

I have been adventuring a lot in Velketor's Labyrinth this weekend working on Hunter, and have experienced the unmezable mobs are mostly the tentacle terrors and "mindless" orcs. No problems with mez on spiders, kobolds, undead (that i found), or the crystal gargoyles. Maybe it is the case that there are two distinct difficulty levels in the zone so that you can choose where to go in the zone based on who you have. Seems about par for the course for original velks to me. Puller classes definitely help in velks overall, but there are a lot of anti puller mechanics too in the zone such as root, snare, major dots, and/or all 3 at once looking at you restless ice.
    Duder likes this.
  15. Ibudin Augur

Necros good pullers this expansion. Can pacify, mez, root, slow, snare, and blow things up.
    Mazame likes this.
  16. Natal Augur

Unfortunately arrows don't work in many places in ToV. They fire but just don't hit what you shot at, which means you have to use some sort of spell to pull.
  17. Lianeb Augur

That's when you use a second arrow because you missed.
    Szilent likes this.
  18. Tyraxor Augur

This game was great when mezzing was hard (got resisted? get smacked), before all the stacking runes and safety nets. Root was a decent alternative for Chanters, but as main CC option? Ugh, no thanks.
    I'd rather change the class, mezz and charm are the fun lifeblood of Chanters.
  19. Niloiv Elder

Loved Kael
  20. Fian Augur

You can add to the unmezzable list golems and cubes. Anyway, my original post was not to say the zones were bugged, just describing them for how they are, and which classes will be in higher demand based on the current design. You are right, though, about the anti-puller mechanics of the shamblers. My enc kept trying to pull them and kept getting into trouble due to the massive dot, snare, healer merc healing me, etc.