Top tier zerking - your parses

Discussion in 'Melee' started by mmofosho, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Behelit Augur

It's a mistake to single out any of the casters, its all of them. Necros/Wiz/Mages are all insane dps, and Enchanters are absolutely broken ADPS. None of the casters are balanced compared to the rest of the game (unless we're talking about warriors tanking).
    sojero and Sheex like this.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Coupled with the whole melee adps reliance, higher risk of death and worse penalty upon death is what really skews things imo. Most guild's class balance is not perfect to maximize raid potential, which makes that perfect melee dps scenario pretty rare for the average joe, whereas a caster requires much much less to achieve a good bit more, currently.
  3. Fenudir Augur

I didn't say that INT casters aren't out of whack as a whole. They are. What I said is that necros are broken. There is a difference.

Necros have their epic issue, the fact taht they need to cast 20-21 dots (depending on who you ask) to max their dps, the fact that they can chain cast indefinitely, etc.

Individually, these issues aren't easy fixes. Not even the epic. Collectively, they'd be virtually impossible to fix without a complete reboot of the class.
  4. Teapot New Member

Necros/Wiz are above mage. They're all in a better spot than melee but they shouldn't all be clumped together because there is a large gap even between them. Necros>Wizard>Mage, is literally the dps totem pole at the moment.
  5. Badname3245 Lorekeeper

We get it mob ac is broken and your not happy. Melee dps has been hindered in TDS.
    We get it melee adps is broken and your not happy. Melee adps needs fixes so that you don't need to sync up 4 classes clicks flawlessly to perform up to snuff or if your down 1 class you lose 40% of your dps.
    We get it burst dps was broken so the devs turned to sustained and your not happy. Burst dps situations needs to make a comeback. Melee sustained can use some boosts. Melee were the sustained archtype but they weren't happy about it because burst was where the glory was.

Stop trying to pee in everyone cheerios because yours are stale. Burst dps was always 30-60 seconds of on demand glory. Just because you keep getting this extended or because you got a secondary or tertiary disc to now use doesn't mean sustained just keeps getting pushed out indefinitely. Claiming what happens after 2-4 minutes on a single mob as burst domain is laughable.
  6. Zentara Augur

Really curious how long you are parsing for if your necros are beating your wizzies...
  7. Behelit Augur

You're mistaken. Mages are slightly in the lead for burst dps and hands down the top sustained dps atm. Most ppl aren't aware of this only because Necro's and Wiz's are easier to play (or there's that few of good Mages).

Ask Enkel for some parses and then try to tell me Mages are behind anyone in anything.

No melee is beating a well played Mage/Wiz on a 60 burn, and by 90-100sec Necros are matching/starting to pull ahead.
  8. Piemastaj Augur

Clerics are top DPS, but even though I have no parses to prove it you should believe it anyway......

Talk is cheap, if you have issues with DPS show comparison parses and such. A lot of this has to do with crappy events, which is a game problem not a balance issue. Not saying there are not balance issues around, but this expansions events suck in a lot of ways for numerous classes.

We need better designed raids, then solve balance issues. You can't do balance then they fix raids and ruin balance again....
    Brogett and Fenudir like this.
  9. Teapot New Member

I've seen the RoI parses and necros and wizards are at the top. I don't now where you are getting mages as the top dps class.

Isn't he retired? A quick look at your roster shows your active mages as Strangle, Piemastaj, and Waalse. Again, where are you getting your information? If wizards and necros are winning the roi parse, and you have three active mages on your roster, I'm going to say that necros and wizards are above mages. This is my experience, it seems like it is also yours.
  10. Behelit Augur

Yes play dumb as if you dont know what your class can do, and bank on the fact that I'm not a complete jerk and won't link other people's parses that they've asked me not to share.

People in RoI raid outside of RoI. Enkel still raids in other guilds on a mage and his parses are head and shoulders above RoI Wiz/Necros. I don't have the misguided conception that RoI has the best of every class.
  11. Piemastaj Augur

Not playing dumb, merely showing how stupid comments are being made with little to no facts proving anything.

You don't wanna post them then you gave no facts to go off of. Makes you look shady and trying to nerf something that isn't proven. Think it would be off topic and trolling at that point. Since your name calling and nerf calling with no evidence. But you know things get done much quicker without using solid evidence to back your claim up.
  12. Teapot New Member

It's a bad comparison because he isn't raiding with the Roi necros. They very well might crush him on parse in TDS. But in my experience the necros and wizards are the top. I guess you would have to find the best mage, necro, and wizard to see which class is on top. Then have them meet on test. I honestly believe you could find a mage better than Enkel, take a top end necro and the necro would win. Either way melee are still far behind casters, and TDS events make the gap even worse.
  13. menown Augur

One of the reasons that the RoI crew does not parse higher is because they don't wait between events for all of their burns to come back up. Loot calls are done so quickly and the raid leaders like a quick pace.

The RoI necros and wizards could parse higher if you are trying to make a comparison with mages. Enkel is an excellent mage and I wish I could raid with him to compete with him some more. Saying that he is heads and shoulders above others is just flattery towards him and may be a bit much. He is probably one of the best mages/wizards that I know. I could sustain 140k+ for 10 minutes, not adding in a second burn yet, 3 months ago, before I added new focus and rank 3s. Fights just don't last as long and I still have to ask my druid to actually cast the skin to seedlings debuff on our raids.

Behelit, we all know the problems with zerkers and melee right now. First, the AC on NPCs in TDS is too high or the atk mod needs to be adjusted for melee. Second, melee need to be less dependent on perfect groups. Melee need to be able to use lesser versions of the adps they get from other classes when they are not around. Third, zerkers need not have the extreme detriments to max burn when equivalent dps classes do not have such restrictions.
    Brogett likes this.
  14. Brogett Augur

All this A is better than B is tiresome. I understand that you don't want to post parses that you haven't got permission of, but at least give some ballpark round numbers with just classes attached? Eg arx #2-one-off (simple straight up fight): mage is Xdps, wiz Ydps, nec Zdps over a Nmin fight? Add melee dps in there too and we can start talking about balance.

Until then it's just waffle :(
  15. Amor Augur

Behelit is actually being smart not posting parses. If he did then all the nerf advocates would be salivating and using it to further their agenda to the detriment of others. I'm not suprised their is already another round of crying taking place again. On the bright side it is still fun watching its own player base drive people away when they succeed.
  16. Leex Pewpewer

I would say Necro's on extended fights >all at this point.

When you see Necro's burning for 265k...You know they are OP!

I want to say Wizards would be next on combined but generally that's not true in my guild, ( working on tds 5 atm, about have it down ) I'm generally #2 on the combined, as a Magician. I feel like I'd have a good chance at #1 if I didn't die as much, but that's more of a tank issue then anything else.
  17. mmofosho Lorekeeper

by the way, this was never meant to be a "nerf the casters" post.

I sincerely hope no one gets nerfed. I just think (like almost everyone else) that we need a long-overdue boost, and was wondering what top potential is these days on parses.
  18. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Wizards are always behind necros on longer fights and these days, just about everything is a longer fight. As a wizard I'm okay with that. My gut feeling is casters are doing pretty well across the board. Keep in mind necros require a crap ton of older gear and older items to hit those numbers. We don't really see 250k burns.

It's pretty hard to say where the classes really are regarding melee vs caster when there is so much anti-melee content. Zerkers obviously need help but it's difficult to compare casters to melee when all the casters are nuking and the melee are bent over.
  19. Apoc Augur

The only event I see necros. Having an advantage on maybe event 5 with multiple targets. Or event 2 doing the balance ach
  20. Bahdah Augur

how 'bout our throwing dps, amirite?