Top tier zerking - your parses

Discussion in 'Melee' started by mmofosho, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Sancus Augur

This is so true...
    Enkel likes this.
  2. ShadowMan Augur

I will give you a burst class winning sustained fights is broken but a sustained class winning what has become mostly sustained fights is broken? How about when they had all that sustained and it did little to nothing for them outside of one or two raids every expansion while they watched everything else that was burst burst burst for like a decade.

100% agree melee could use some changes mainly being so support dependent. But you don't get to keep 300K+ burst, AE burst and then also get 100K sustained because everything had to be changed to sustained because your burst was to high to tune around.
    Marton likes this.
  3. Songsa Augur

Not a surprise. They were already very powerful and competitive last year and they gained power with this expansion (normal !) while monsters AC/mitign/melee defense skyrocketted and melee classes DPS stagnated (thx to some very situational AE that gave illusions on some quick burns or multiple adds fights)
  4. Brogett Augur

The biggest problem I see with modern content is the sheer danger to melee and amount of running / avoiding to do (usually with snare). We CAN do reasonably on events if it's straight up tank, but most aren't. This means casters have an easy time as they rarely have to move as much (if at all) and even if they do they can move and keep casting once in new spot. Plus they're much much more likely to not die.
  5. Velora Journeyman

/shudder at 105 Enkel...
  6. Behelit Augur

the biggest problem is the gross imbalance of ADPS. casters have nonstop activated ADPS effects running with bard/druid/enchanter, combined with their own activated abilities its a perfect storm of max'd out crit chance and a myriad of crit dmg modifiers.

melee CANT come anywhere close to casters even is the event is perfectly clean and doesn't contain "anti-melee" design.

Do not all casters realize yet that they can burst for 200-300k and sustain 100-120k+? why exactly should melee have to pick and choose which we are capable of while casters are smashing us on both ends?
    Momentum, Arcainos and Kiillz like this.
  7. Silentchaos Augur

Burn parses are so 2014.
  8. Fenudir Augur

Agreed. The big thing for 2015 is heal parses.
  9. Brogett Augur

One of our guild beastlord sometimes goes into "cleric mode" and it's incredible how well he can do it. Heh I'm sure he rolled the wrong class, but we're glad to have him along :)
  10. Phrovo1 Augur

Bah, there wouldn't need to be so much healing if he was dpsing :p
  11. Ravengloome Augur

That's what happens in the mid tier.
  12. Vlerg Augur

could you post some parses of that behelit? i'd love to see Xeonje or other wizard numbers.

my highscore on is around 230kish for 180sec while my highscore sustained (10+ min, closer to 15) would be 100k.

no bard , no vet AAs, no QMs
  13. Behelit Augur

wizards arent the highest burst caster anymore, but you still are hitting the low end of the numbers I gave so why ask me for parses of other people? the casters fall into that range, they arent all capable of the same max's.
  14. Slasher Augur

Why no bard ? Take away the bard on a zerker see how that turns out.
  15. Silentchaos Augur

Wizards are king of the 30 second burn that my guild is tragically obsessed with.
    Sheex likes this.
  16. Sancus Augur

I feel your pain :oops:
  17. Songsa Augur

I saw they implemented new combat dummies with current expansion stats, it would be interesting to compare the dps on them vs the older ones. Im pretty sure the AC has been drastically increased and melee dps will be very different.
  18. Fenudir Augur

You might be surprised.
  19. Teapot New Member

Yeah, but especially necros. They burn higher than wizards at their peak and sustain massive damage for long periods of time. I've seen a necro hold 150,000-160,000 for over ten minutes. I'm not sure what daybreak wants with balance, but the fact necros do more damage than wizards during the first 2-4 minutes of a fight and sustain that huge advantage over everyone seems odd to me.
  20. Fenudir Augur

Necros are broken, at the moment. Some really bad calls over the past few expansions on the part of the devs have left necros at the point where they pretty much need a reboot.