Top tier zerking - your parses

Discussion in 'Melee' started by mmofosho, Dec 4, 2014.

1. mmofosho Lorekeeper

So with 105 what are you guys seeing in terms of your parses for burn events, ie. Bonecrusher, Efreeti, Deathmaster, Bayle etc.or even the TDS raids?
  2. Behelit Augur

havent done any good CotF burn mobs since launch but zerkers are in for a long, painful year if you're in a guild raiding TDS. we get crushed on every event, including Praetor Vitio one-off which is the closest thing to a burn mob in the expansion (and even then can be terrible if you get unlucky with a bunch of back-out emotes).
  3. Brudal Augur

What he said.
  4. Brogett Augur

What's the reason? Most haven't really gained any power in TDS, well not much that I can see. Hybrids some, but not the pure melee.

Just an issue of duration is much longer so your burn power doesn't count for much?
  5. Fenudir Augur

Whenever you start thinking about things like this or our oh-so-2002 blind and root or...well, pick a topic, just repeat this mantra; "Red-headed step child... red-headed step-child..." Everything will fall into place. You'll understand your place in the EQ universe, and all will be serene.

On a less sarcastic note, parses are wildly situational and prone to RNG issues. I would take a post by anyone who actually decides to give you one with more than a couple grains of salt.
  6. sojero One hit wonder

I think the problem is now is that there is a perception that any and all parses can and will be used against a class by the judge Devs!!
  7. Behelit Augur

Its a mix of issues really. The largest being the length of events playing against our still-stagnant sustained dps coupled with TDS raid mobs having some nasty mitigation.

But also playing a part is the % of our DPS that comes from autoattack, several of the events in TDS have melee slows which not only cripples our autoattack but has the added detriment of increasing the recast on Frenzy (something Monks/Rogues arent effected by with their special attacks). This comes into play as well with rez effects which are all too common from melee deaths on these events (Arx1 being a prime culprit with magio AE on the melee pile). The point being, the class most likely to die also suffers the most DPS-wise from dying. It's a terrible concept and it needs to change.

Our sustained issue used to be offset by our "glass-cannon" burst, but in TDS thats completely rendered useless with mobs mitigating at the levels they are. Check out your min hit frequency in TDS against CotF t1 targets, and then imagine events lasting 2-3 times as long on a class that only has 3min of disc time (the least of any pure melee).

This expansion's raids are terrible for melee in general which is a design issue; but even more so for Berserkers. So by no means am I complaining that Rogues/Monks are having a fun time on TDS parses either, but I'm sure they're glad they aren't Berserkers.
  8. Riou EQResource

What do you mean? Slow also makes Monk's specials take longer to refresh.
  9. Behelit Augur

my mistake I didnt think Flying Kick and Backstab shared that trait, however it would still seem worse for Zerkers since our base recast on Frenzy is 13sec with Rapid Frezny AA meaning slows can take us upwards of 30+sec recasts (whereas I'm guessing Flying Kick can only get into the 15-18sec range?). I was under the impression Flying Kick + Backstab have faster base recasts than Frenzy, please correct me if I'm wrong though.
  10. Brogett Augur

Slow is the same for all. It doesn't matter if it's slowing a 10sec, a 20sec or a 30sec ability - if you're slowed then it's the same %age drop in that ability for all of us. What matters more is the percentage of dps that comes from things that are slowable vs things that are not, but that's probably 90%+ for all of us and not a great difference.

As for most likely to die, I'm not so sure that berserkers have the glass cannon status all to themselves. Monks for sure have a lot better job of it here, but our rogue and berserker both get beaten to a pulp. Melee are in a bad way when it comes to survivability. Our mitigation is barely above the casters, we don't get their huge runes, we're all forcibly adjacent to each other so one emote mistake kills us all as we don't have the luxury of spreading around to avoid mistakes, plus we are required to always be in rampage and PBAE ranges, and then they add in insanely high DS on some encounters that completely butcher rogues due to fast hitting. For all that we really ought to be better are surviving, but alas no. :/

Seems to me ber and rog suffer many of the same problems here. What sucks for you is the lack of decent sustained dps abilities. That needs fixing, just as it was for rogues in the last raid of AAs from cotf.
  11. Behelit Augur

Even working under the assumption that Rogues and Berserkers share the exact same mitigation, avoidance, HP pools, etc.... Rogues don't have abilities that require <90% HP to trigger which means you aren't damaging yourselves regularly like Berserkers are. Which is probably what tips the scales towards us dying more often.

Additionally, Rogues have the benefit of a faster recast on fade and better aggro-management tools so they are less likely to pull aggro from adds when AEing.

It's more than just the sustained issue, but that is the biggest part of it.
    Fenudir likes this.
  12. Slasher Augur

Issue of sustained being ignored. We were told our sustained would be increased but it was not. Other issue is ADPS if you have it you still suck if you dont have it you might as well not attack because you will not beat rangers, mages, monks, rogues on any TDS events.
    Brogett likes this.
  13. Brogett Augur

You're correct that rogues don't have abilities that require themselves to be harmed, but one of our discs does increase all incoming damage, both physical and (even more so) spell damage. It's only the one 30 sec disc, so we're not in quite the same boat as berserkers, but we're also not completely avoid the the self-harm route. Agreed on better agro management tools too, although frankly when AoEing I die LOTS.

As for needing ADPS, yes berserkers probably the most crippled class here in the requirements of others to have perfect sync up, followed by rog then probably monk. (Ie all pure melee.) We really really need a way to mitigate such things, like self abilities which are weakened forms of the other class ADPS (and don't stack). Without ADPS as a rogue I'll struggle to break 100k dps on a burn (eg in a group with no bard, shaman, ranger or even berserker), yet enchanters, druids, and other non dps classes can break that. All pure melee have this millstone around our necks.

Anyway, first and foremost berserkers need sustained dps improvements. Ideally arriving at the same time or before the AE abilities get fixed.
  14. Gumlakx Augur

The biggest limitation on sustained dps that I've experienced is endurance.On long single mob raid events (for example, Commander Galenth in WK2) I run out of endurance and am reduced to autoattack. When it is available I can click my fade followed by Rest, but there is a long recast timer on our fade. The problem is less severe for Rogues and Monks since they generally have lower endurance costs and faster reuse of fade.

In groups where I can click Rest between pulls my sustained dps is on par or slightly ahead of Monks.
  15. Pwnography Augur

Captain Aragus is a decent parse event. The adds are all locked down, giving you a decent 4-7 minute sustain single-target depending on your guild's dps. The boss is stationary and requires no movement as a general rule (tank n' spank.) The time factor will help even out RNG and show a more reliable dps range. If the OP is looking for 'insane' numbers, I would imagine the perfect set of RNG on a 30-Second AH Efreeti burn would be quite interesting for burst. I've seen 400k+ in some situations there from various classes.
  16. Behelit Augur

Captain Aragus isnt a good parse event, its entirely too long for a Zerker to be competitive on. Even ignoring its duration, all TDS raid mobs have stupid high mitigation. No Zerker is topping any TDS parses or your casters flat out don't know what they're doing.
  17. Shang Augur

Zerkers aren't bad. Casters are just broken levels of good.
  18. Behelit Augur

Zerkers are bad, we're a one trick pony of AE-burst (with the AE part potentially being changed at an unknown date). Add to that our "burst" is the one of the shortest durations among DPS classes. And all events in TDS are sustained with the exception of Praetor Vitio one off.

There's a reason RoI has 6 rogues, 4 monks, and only 2 zerkers and it isnt a matter of there aren't more acceptable zerkers.
  19. Shang Augur

The real reason is most berserkers we recruit either get removed or booted, and the berserkers we move to main status retire within a year.

For reference, you're our "longest active" berserker, and joined after our latest monk (Synista). I think you've also only ever seen one current Rogue's application here, as well (Esero)

In the last two years, we've had 11 different Rogues. We currently have 6. At least one rogue is ALWAYS forced to sit.
    In the last two years, we've had 7 different Berserkers. We currently have 2. Our Berserkers are NEVER forced sit.
    In the last two years, we've had 7 different Beastlords. We currently have 2. Our Beastlords are NEVER forced to sit.
    In the last two years, we've had 7 different Necromancers. We currently have 4.
    In the last two years, we've had 6 different Magicians. We currently have 3.
    In the last two years, we've had 5 different Rangers. We currently have 4. A ranger is almost ALWAYS forced to sit.
    In the last two years, we've had 5 different Wizards. We currently have 4.
    In the last two years, we've had 4 different Monks. We currently have 4. We heavily encourage monks to sit.
  20. Behelit Augur

Ya the Zerkers dont sit cause there's so few of us, we're basically there for our Aura + Cry Havoc. Otherwise they would sit us just as much as the Rogues as there isnt any benefit that a Zerker provides in terms of personal DPS that a Rogue can't, especially since they also got the ability to AE.

It's a sad day when the only reason Zerkers are kept in a raid is for their Aura + Cry Havoc, and that's all the class has at this point to hang its hat on.

And while Esero is the only Rogue "app" since I've been there, I was around for Nissko main changing to Rogue. Curious that he was allowed to switch to the most populated melee dps class we had, rather than filling in a gap among the Zerkers. I'd love to see what would happen if some of our Rogues or Monks wanted to main change to Zerker and how fast that would get shot down.