Top 3 Most Requested TLP Server Types

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Alarizod, Feb 3, 2020.

1. code-zero Augur

In the FoH AMA the devs gave the PvP server request an outside hope if only they'd play Zek to prove interest. They flatly dismissed any new FV style free trade TLP's though.
    Working with that, which of course could change, No Truebox is the only thing even possible
  2. Darchon_Xegony Augur

It seems very counterintuitive that their most populated live server rule set is the one they flatly rejected.

I think an FV server would be extremely popular and profitable for them.
  3. Torg New Member

I don't think most of the super raiders completely gear everyone in every expansion. I think a lot of them get enough core people geared up that they can then do more than one AoC and speed up the process for the guild. I may be wrong though as the last time I raided heavy was Combine. Now I mostly just play around and raid casually.
  4. Torg New Member

Two problems. First is if it is super popular then future TLPs will suffer. Secondly, people complain about players and campers now, imagine if everything could be traded?
  5. feigntrain Elder

You seem to be implying that it would be worse? Seems like it would actually help alleviate the problem if there are more different places and things to camp. It's supply and demand. If everything was tradable there would be a bigger supply of things to camp, and the demand would drop on some of those camps.
  6. Hirbow Augur

Aradune Server

Classic Launch
    True-box . As in, no 3rd party programs
    GM assistance at least once a week to boot the ones that don't follow the above point
    0 Krono start
    2 month expansions
    Mangler xp
  7. feigntrain Elder

pass
    Xanadas likes this.
  8. Jalerian Elder

This is probably the main reason. As stated by feigntrain, a large supply of quality items would lower the overall RMT problem.
  9. feigntrain Elder

I know that they would never do this, and I know that no one is going to agree with me, but I'll just say it anyway. Mangler is the last TLP I will ever play on unless they actually do something interesting. Increasing or decreasing the expansion unlock time by 1 month? Who cares. Slower or faster exp rates? Who cares. Do something truly unique.

FV rules, all races can be all classes, beastlords & berserkers available at launch, and GMs who actually try to stop cheating and botting like authority on mangler, instead of sweeping automated bans once every few months that trigger false positives just to pretend like they care, while nothing at all happens to the biggest cheaters. My preference would be for 4 month expansion unlocks also but I'd be ok with 3.

And I don't have a solution for this, but something needs to be done about all the KSing and training and general toxicity of everyone trying to get keys and bane weapons for VT and Emp Ssra, and plane of storms.
  10. Brunlin Augur

I doubt many want a TSS start....even a SOL or POP would be useless atm since you could just play on Mangler. The only thing that would makes sense would be a Classic Launch with a different rule set....We just dont need another copy paste Mangler....otherwise whats the point.
  11. code-zero Augur

They should make what Mangler should have been from the start, brutally punishing death penalties with extremely low experience across the board.
  12. Vexn Elder

Go play p99.
  13. Zansobar Augur

The problem is the devs don't have the resources to do anything that requires much changing. Making all races be all classes and having beastlords & berserkers available at launch (if it launches in classic) would require too much work to pull off. This is why I think they will go with something like a FV rule set (since they already have a server running that so it must be pretty easy to do), maybe a non-truebox, then it is probably just tweaking with xp rates, duration of expansion unlocks, and maybe which expansion do they start with. I'm hoping for FV rule set because if not it will just be a copy of an existing TLP.
  14. Bard2019 Elder

As controversial as it will be to discuss it before trying it, a TLP that charged $30(just an example) per month and didn't allow krono to be used or traded, I believe would be overwhelmingly successful. The only arguments you'll get against it, are people that profit or trade in krono. Well, you might also get people that use krono but say they don't, just to try to convince others that it's a bad idea. And yes there's going to be the argument that even if there's no krono, it won't stop people from selling items and gold and that's fine as it's not nearly as bad of a problem as krono.
  15. Machen New Member

Or people that aren't stupid.
    wade_watts and Dailor like this.
  16. Dailor Augur

DISS
  17. Machen New Member

It really wasn't. I was very careful not to flame anyone.

A = !B is not the same as !A = B. Or to put it another way, some smart people are also people who profit from RMT and will argue against this because they profit from RMT. Doesn't mean everyone who argues against this is an RMT.

Draw your own conclusions, but I did not call anyone stupid.
  18. Rhek New Member

Sure krono brought some undesirable things into the game, but it also gave us regular folks an easy method to play for free. It is not difficult through regular play to sell enough gear in order to purchase a krono with plat each month.
  19. Silver-Crow Augur

$30 a month for a 20 year old game. o_O
    No-one will pay that kind of money for any MMO in todays free-to-play day and age.

Also.
    Krono were introduced to get a slice of the gold sellers market. If you blocked Krono, the gold sellers would just reappear.
    code-zero likes this.
  20. code-zero Augur

Oh I don’t want to play on a server like that. I just wish that they hadn’t caved to the players who though all the “bad actors” and “racers” were going to Selo and who wanted whatever they thought Mangler would but isn’t