Too much to ask for?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Muji, May 21, 2015.

1. Muji Augur

All I want is 4 months of killing stuff and 2 months of beta for the stuff im about to kill for the next 4 months, twice a year. Is that too much to ask for!? The Community is willing to work for you, so put us to work.

Yearly content expansion would be cool and all if it was the size of Planes of Power and had about 50 various events for you to do. Anything short of that is not enough!
  2. TibalMurphy Elder

Beastlord being able to MGB shared ferocity would be better to ask for...getting 37468292747 tells a night is just awful...the start of a raid event and hitting TB and just hitting everyone would be better to say

"To much to ask for".
  3. Sancus Augur

With the dev resources provided to this game, no chance in hell of a PoP size expansion :(
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

At first I read about "put the community to work" and though that would be great... MORE CONTENT!!! WOO HOO!!!!. Then I realized Daybreak would just fire some devs and put out the same amount of content they intended to put out before just without having to pay for some of it. *sighs*
  5. Iila Augur

Sure there is.

Copy and paste all the PoP zones and npc info. Replace NPC stats with base 105 NPC stats. Dump PoP item names into the name field in itemization.xls.

Quests? Make a list of the basepop mobs in each zone, split that list in 4 chunks to make the kill 10-20 lists for partisans. Merc quests use the same list in kill 5 format. HAs and hero? Three kill 30s from the basepop list.

Then spend time remaking the elemental gods and plane of time as 105 raids.

Expansion the size of PoP!

Boring? Yep.
    Lots of leftover garbage? Sure!
    Tons of bugs? Welcome to Everquest!
    Will Fabled mobs overwrite the new mobs that are 40 levels higher? Maybe!
    Better than TDS? Possibly!
  6. Voth Elder

Hire this person immediately.
    Uxtalzon, tofu stir fry and Iila like this.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

Normally I agree with lila, but not now.

Expansion the size of pop won't happen. Although, if in your example they drop art assets, and just worry about content (which I like to think is all most of us care about, content) I think they could make both raiders and groupers happy.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I think what Iila is trying to say is that they could make a PoP sized expansion if they really wanted to, but it wouldn't be something we would enjoy.

But it could still be better than TDS!
    Iila likes this.
  9. Soltara Augur

Take my money.
  10. Kellaer Augur

Planes of Powering should be the next campaign, absolutely. With all 50+ raids included. I'm sure it would be a trivial task that could be done over the weekend, maybe two.
  11. Iila Augur

Yeah, that would be aggressively boring group content. The idea was just, how to get PoPv2 with the least amount of effort. AKA, a EQ dev cycle. I should have also added every HA/hero missions only having a time trial and challenge of toughness achievement.

There's literally nothing in there for upgrading the quests, or raids lower than the elemental planes. Having more than 2 raid tiers is stupid anyways, so all the lower raids would just be group named, or buggy messes.

Even with two devs "working" on spells and AAs, and 3 or 4 people on content for 4-6 months, this does sound better than TDS or CoTF.

Nope, no time to upgrade the old raids. They're all replaced by the spreadsheet 105 mob stats.

Maybe bertox spawns a billion buttkicking adds. Who cares, he's just some cool looking group mob.
  12. silku Augur

13. Silv Augur

Eh, they wouldn't even need two for AA/spells. No level cap increase = no new spells.

I mean, if we *were* gonna get some all Aristo has to do is make a dartboard of spells for each class that they don't use, throw two darts, and then make a combo spell with the result. If you hit the same target twice, you lose out on a spell!

I like this PoP reboot idea! Sign me up.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

We aren't getting a level increase? Is that for sure or based on past patterns?

I do hope we get gear that is an upgrade starting with the first have of the campaign though instead of repeating the gear from the past expansion.
  15. Riou EQResource

Well it isn't having a level increase so it will probably just be the normal non level increase expansion spell wise which is like 3-5 max spells per class.

I think a lot of classes even said in TDS they were missing many lines, so it's possible those return instead of making new ones too :p
  16. Silv Augur

I have no clue if it's for sure or not but I know that any time we get a level increase they waste a million years on naming spells instead of doing things like... making content. So, I'd personally prefer not to have one for a while. If everything wasn't so cookie cutter / spreadsheet with level increases, it may be worth it but we haven't seen anything actually 'worthwhile' come out of an increase in ages aside from trivializing older content. And that sparked a shtstorm with the XP changes and ROF sooo...
    Iila likes this.
  17. Riou EQResource

They have already put in the upcoming Campaigns Item Clicks, Focus and Focus Effects and that, they do not go past level 105.

It is possible to change this of course, but they have never changed it after first putting it in like ever, so this time would be a first :p.
    Iila and Silv like this.
  18. Iila Augur

That was all added months ago, so who knows if those focuses are going to be used, or what they will be used on.

We could just be getting two single zone tiers with one raid each that obsolete the 7 arx raids before the campaign launches and obsoletes those.

Or it could have been chandrok finishing all his spell work until the fall 2016 release.
    Silv likes this.
  19. Iila Augur

For druids, he made a NEW snare that was significantly worse than our AA snare, made it a new scribable spell, for the sole purpose of combining it with a 3rd tier dot that isn't worth casting.

Combine a bad group only effect with a bad raid only effect to get a bad everywhere effect that is never worth casting! YES! These are the kind of spells that get me excited for new expansions and Everquest!
    Silv likes this.
  20. Uxtalzon Augur

*Throws two darts* Act of Valor, Thunder of Karana.

NEW AA - Pious Sacrifice - "Significantly" drain enemy NPC's mana at the cost of your own life.
    Silv likes this.