too much in HA?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Harris, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Harris Augur

Tuned for 2-3 players and their mercenaries.?

STEP #7

Retrieve the key from Commander Alast Degmar 0/1 (Degmar, the Lost Castle)

Task Window Says: Commander Degmar is trapped. Retrieve the key from him any way you can.

If You Get This Step: Kill & Loot update. You must be on his hate list to get flagged for the key. If you're not on the hate list at the time of the kill, you will be blocked from entering the locked area of the zone.

I am not a raider nor do I ever wish to do it. I and my friends are groupers we group a lot. I have gone thru the HA in Degmar, the Lost Castle - Castle Relic. on the step 7 3 times now in a row 1 or 2 of us had died at this point and can not progress on with the quest. group is shaman, mage, monk, 2 healer mercs and a tank merc. a group mob that hits for 28k blows away the merc tank in no time. then eats the monk really fast so left with pet tanking. why does it have to have you on hate list? we can get thru it but monk or sham gets killed each time.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Sounds like a bug.
  3. Noirfu Augur

Interesting. My group did this prior to the November patch and a couple of group members kept getting ported to zone in and having to run back to the secret room. Now I know why.

Did they make it block you from entering instead of just porting you out from time to time?
  4. Harris Augur

Get ported out instantly when entered past locked door.
  5. silku Augur

It's not a bug. We mentioned in a thread the other day and the developer said that they kept it that way because they didn't want people to abuse it (whatever that means.) The funny part is the guy behind the locked door is easier than the one you have to kill to get the key.

In the 11/19/14 update bugs: this post
  6. Harris Augur

They don't want people to abuse it? really? That has to be one of the most moronic things I have heard in a while. So many other things people abuse and they pick this to take a stand on? OK I'm speechless. Thanks for the info Silku.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

So people who cant get ressed in time for the kill are out of luck? That doesn't sound fair.
    Ragbert likes this.
  8. guado Augur

Pop a healer merc. Tank mercs aren't viable. Throw stars on the monk to establish aggro. Shaman should debuff and then chain heal the pet to ensure victory.

EQ is a game of strategy and tactics. You can't do the same strategy for every HA.

Good luck.
  9. segap Augur

While I agree with that premise, I don't think it should apply to this issue. People expect that solo tasks do not update if you're not alive for a kill. There is a reasonable expectation that in a group task that the group gets credit for everything that happens during the mission. This should especially be true in an instance where things do not respawn to repeat for those that were dead on the update. That said, you can work around this as I posted in the bug thread. But it can be very frustrating and really is bad design.
  10. Axxius Augur

Sounds like one of those 'gating issues' that the devs fix from time to time. No idea why that area is restricted in the first place and what kind of 'abuse' they are afraid of. But preventing the players who have been in the HA from the start and only had a misfortune to die from completing the HA sounds like a bad idea.
  11. Siddar Augur

Its mechanic that tripped me up in doing caverns of endless time quests. The upside of this is if your in a non instanced zone it allows others to simply tag mobs mobs and get quest update without being in the group that got exp for killing the mob. The downside is you have to be on mobs agro list to get the update even if you're in the group that killed the mob.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I went through that thread completely. I see where it was mentioned but there was no dev response to it anywhere in the thread. The only issue regarding Commander Degmar was about the 25% hp lock. Maybe you meant another thread? Went through it twice and didn't find any dev response.
  13. Sancus Augur

Here
    silku likes this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Thanks sent a PM asking about it. Don't understand the exploit angle... all sorts of missions and HA give people the update even if they die when the update occurs... or am I missing something?