Too Many Nerfs to Mages

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Jmag, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Hellboy007 Augur

BTW pet changes are 100% stem from TLP... you can thank TLP for that out of the blew change.
  2. Duhbeast Augur

My opinion is that anyone who cries over nerfs should be embarrassed. You are freely admitting that you rely on OP mechanics rather than skill. You would rather plan an easy mode game, rather than seeing the value in challenges, and overcoming them. It's pathetic and narrow minded. Please wake up and look at the game as a whole, not just your perspective.
    Raptorjesus5, Sheex and Zezack like this.
  3. Tachyon Augur

I've played a Necromancer since the beginning. Don't even talk to me about nerfs!!
  4. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Duhbeast, let's look at the game as a whole, then. Start with TBM... oh wait...

Back to your comment about nerfs... Which mechanics are you referring to as owerpowered, just so we're clear? That way we can meet you on the playing field you suggest, 'skill'.
  5. Vazuvius Augur

Duhbeast as a beastlord (a class essentially built to be a melee pet user) plays like a mage and heals his pet to solo, I really really really can't stress how inefficient and generally bad this is, much less take advice or lend any credence to some one like that.
  6. Duhbeast Augur

to clarify, the subject matter at hand is class nerfs/balance/comparison. So I meant look at the rest of the game as far as balance is concerned. I do agree that there are issues with TBM, but my biggest issue is that it wasn't big enough.
  7. Duhbeast Augur

u wot m8? I am missing your point, but you are wrong so I'll bite. Before the patch today we actually tanked mobs in groups or molo. The only reason to back off and let the pet tank, would be with multiple mobs or we have used all of our defensive abilities. There is a threshold to meet, but once you do, beasts can tank group content all day long. Just don't put wizzy mercs on burn:(. Now would the OP consider the ability for pets to hold agro with pc in melee range a nerf?
  8. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

That was really the first good news I've seen in a while, though completely unnecessary. Still, it opens up some room for grouping, making it a nice new feature. Restores a little faith in doing so.

Still didn't hear which mechanics you were talking about as overpowered. Did you think rains were overpowered, or???

I'm sure a lot of people will add this new one with pets to the list, now, though. It is rather unprecedented, you know. Now not only can pets tank, but they can hold agro at melee range. Am sure they'll be an uproar. I'm not complaining, but I can see how other classes will be upset.
  9. Lyrical Augur

The point is. The pets can no longer tank. Not unless you dont mind taking a break every 2 mobs to let your healer/merc completely med.
  10. Brohg Augur

Man merc oom'ing has nothing to do with pets. They spam heals on any tank for any amount of damage. Put out some gd dps and they'll last for more fights.
  11. Greaseman Journeyman

The only thing I'm worried about with this change is if raid trash might still turn on a pet rather than characters in melee range. If the trash in raid events go after pets rather than tanks then pets are going to die a lot more frequently.
  12. Verily Tjark Augur

Maybe on short burns, but a mage consistently tops our raid parse.
  13. Piemastaj Augur

You have people playing poorly then.

We weren't topping parses with our higher DMG rains, so giving us less DMG isn't going to change that. Our burst is actually decent now, our sustained is pretty bad without bard Dicho.

People playing poorly doesn't mean you can justify your claim of mages topping the parse without facts given. Everyone playing well and a mage can't top your parses plain and simple.
  14. Mintalie Augur

As much as it makes me tingly all over, if I top the parse, it means at least five other people faceplanted or died.
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel likes this.
  15. Verily Tjark Augur

I'm not a mage... I'm just going by the numbers. Touchy... wow. Maybe everyone else sucks. I'm an enchanter, not even a good one. what do I know anyway?
  16. Silv Augur

I ask myself that every raid! :D

j/k <3
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  17. Cicelee Augur

No.
    Silv likes this.