Too many mercs in zone

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ghubuk, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Ghubuk Augur

This could be a real problem as the zone is suspending people's mercs.
  2. Vanrau Augur

/pick over to avoid it.
    Reynen likes this.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

Aye, you can join another instance of the zone.
    Or just use real players and laugh as others mercs get suspended.
    moogs, Reynen and Miss_Jackie like this.
  4. Forcallen Augur

Pick would work if you could actually finish all the quests and tasks in them. Last night pick zones would not allow certain updates to happen for some quests so were worthless.
  5. Lily Augur

You could still finish them by clicking back over to the base zone. We had to do that for Water Supplies and Contacting the Leadership.
  6. Reht The Dude abides...

You could, but you shouldn't have to.
  7. Imak Augur

Raid force moves into zone, intending to fetch raid instance, causing the zone to suddenly balloon far beyond the ridiculous cap of 96 bodies.

As a result, nearly all the mercenaries in the zone get suspended mid-fight causing much exp loss for the people attempting to do progression content in the zone.

This is ... stupid.
    moogs, Ghostdog and svann like this.
  8. svann Augur

Instead of despawning mercs, the first step should be to move any afk players to alternate instance.
  9. Vanrau Augur

It should automatically create a new pick once the zone gets near max players and force any new people zoning in to the new pick. That is how it works on progression servers. I'm not sure why it doesn't work that way on live servers.
    moogs, Hitty and Narogg like this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

73 real players in zone last night and the zone was suspending mercs left right and centre. Server should create a new instance at 50 players, and anyone new zoning/login unless grouped should go to a new instance. Progression servers don't have this issue as they do not have mercs yet.

Anyone in a raid should automatically get a new instance. Adding 54 players to a zone with a max if 96 is asking for problems.

Why such a low max number?
    moogs and svann like this.
  11. Hitty Augur

I don't understand why the system does not do it automatically. I only know that in that way. Never saw such a dumb way to handle this problem. We have to go with /pick from start into the new instance to not be in an overloaded zone. But obviously these zones don't have the same mechanics like the instance 1. Some group quests worked different. Some were not even playable.

Bad. Sad...
    Ghostdog likes this.
  12. CrazyLarth Augur

Drop the mer'sc and grab 5 peeps not an issue. yea, some quest parts where you have to click an item must be done in the normal zone. But if you have 6 peeps not an issue but for a everything else due a /pick and have fun. less trains that way and peeps /ooc stuff
    Reynen likes this.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think part of the problem is people are popping their mercs after getting into the zone. Also people are using campfires most likely so one toon gets in the zone sets a campfire a few more zone in they all pop mercs. Does TLP have mercs or campfires? I am guessing not but never played on them.

The despawning of mercs is definitely not an ideal answer to the problem. I think Daybreak is trying to avoid having too many instances open via low balling the max number of players in a zone and went with the despawning merc option as a compromise. They probably could lower the max player number some to fine toon things and help avoid merc despawns though.
  14. Ghubuk Augur

Having the pickzone instance spawn be at a lower number than the merc despawn number would help a lot.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

You're using mercs. I thought stupid was expected.
  16. Imak Augur

Not everyone runs around with a boxed cleric.
    svann and Ghostdog like this.
  17. Kezik Lorekeeper

I vote we make Lceanium a zone that doesn't tick down buffs . We can make it the new afk spot
    Reynen likes this.
  18. Minato Augur

Sorry but id have loved to watch that xD!!!

seriously tho sorry =P but thats funny just thinking about
    moogs and Reynen like this.
  19. EnchFWO Augur

We all know that only 12 people of that 54 person raid force actually are zoning in to get inside the DZ. :rolleyes:

*ps. The current system is indeed stupid. If anything, the time to suspend mercs should be increased 5x so you can actually finish your fight, get OOC, and /pick if you (need)want to change.
  20. MeloxXx Journeyman

What a pathetically small limit on players. I thought this was supposed to be an MMO. What kind of servers are TheyBreakGames running? This is a new xpac and there are bound to be significant numbers of players logging in. Why would you think 96 is a reasonable number? You could triple that and still run it on a toaster.

Cheap lame cash grabbers, can't even have elastic scaling on their server farms. Incompetent and lazy.

Imagine having zones big enough for folks to play together and actually, until the excitement dies down, have a community again.