Tonic of Resonant .... Healing?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Brosa, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Brosa Augur

With all of the tonics shamans can create to add procs to dps spells we should be able to create tonics that proc additional heals. They should be direct heals not HoTs that, just like dps procs, are effected by aa and item focus to increase the amount.
    beryon, CaRnon and Naeeleu like this.
  2. CaRnon Augur

So like the click on the current raid breastplate? (Linked below is the click on the T2 raid BP from current expansion, I don't know if group versions have a similar click as I never bothered with one for my cleric).

3. Iila Augur

No, like the Mana Reiteration aura or Tonics of Resonant Elemental that proc an additional nuke when you cast a damaging spell.
    So a separate heal that would proc when you cast a beneficial spell on someone. Kind of like the AA that goes off once every 50 spells, but useful. I know I've ask for an aura that does that so druid had an aura worth running in tank groups. But I haven't seen the effect given out on much for healers.
  4. Rogue Augur

How would this gel with all the manareturn procs we have now? Is there a certan order they proc in? Shawl > Raid Weapon > Helping Hand Aug > Vulak Shield? How does everything work together is what I would like to know.
  5. Iila Augur

Buff procs are separate from item procs. Since there's basically no buffs with procs that trigger off heals, it wouldn't interfere with anything. You can have an AA, item and buff proc all trigger on the same spell. Each one of those procs is rolled separately and interferes within its own class only.

Item procs kind of add their probability together to see if you get a proc and proc proportionally to their rate. If you have hammer and shaw mana return procs, your total proc rate should be around 1- (1 - 0.50) * (1 - 0.40) = .70, with each proc being a proportional amount of the total the number of procs. 55% of your procs would be from the hammer, with the other 45% being from your shawl. If you have another item, add in its proc rate and work from there.

Starla's(50%) and the old shawl(40%) were the two items I tested for proc rates with my normal heal. Shawl proc rate at least varies with cast time, others might, too.
  6. CaRnon Augur

I thought the Vulak shield (you are talking about Jansan's Shield of Crafting right?) proc was that it heals yourself (hp's) when you damage the mob? But I get what you are asking either way.. how would the proc work with all the other procs we have available to us...

But since the shawl/raidwepons/helping hand aug are a proc cast by heals and Vulak shield is cast by damage (spells I am guessing), they are looking for a different way besides procs to have the new heal cast for (which besides it being a buff I am not sure..)
  7. Mykaylla Augur

The click on the cleric BP is a buff, with counters, that adds a small amount of healing to each healing spell, so yes, it would conflict with a "Tonic of Resonant Healing"- both are (or would be) buffs that add a heal to a heal.

Technically, there is also the priestly second spire set too (since they're all the same), which, while an AA, casts a buff on you, and that buff adds a heal to your heals, no counter, but a fixed duration. Whilst a lot of priests of all stripes don't use that spire, it can be situationally useful, and second spire and cleric BP click effects do not stack.

The immediate issue I see with the idea, is to take the current template of the cleric BP click- every target you heal strips a counter. Splash, and it's gone- it randomly picks who got the additional pittance of an extra heal, and uses them up in one gloriously pointless moment. If you twincast a group heal, it strips 12 counters, and more if there are pets. Getting it to work for multiple targets but not pull ludicrous amounts of counters off to do so could be tricky. Abundant Healing AA faces this problem- cast a group heal all day with no one targeted, and no one in the group will get abundant healing, though you'll occasionally get "You must first select a target for this spell!" messages- that's Abundant Healing trying to fire. Target yourself and heal your group all day with group heal, only you will get Abundant Healing.
  8. Reprisal Augur

I'd like this to exist, even if it's not ideal for clerics (though obviously, preferably in some form that clerics can also get use out of it).
  9. Mykaylla Augur

The group heal firing is an issue for any class that has heals that hits multiple targets- I was just using the cleric BP as an existing template in the game. Druids frequently time twincasting of group heals since their group heal has a greyout (without additional waves of healing like a shaman's), for dealing with AEs. It would be lost superfast if it were counter-based for them.

Of course, if it had no counters at all, just a duration limit, that would avoid that part, at least. It would obsolete the cleric BP click (which frankly wouldn't worry me, personally; I only use it if using hammer pets would not be useful, just because it's there- it does not focus, does not crit, is not affected by anything at all, it's the same flat small amount added to the end of 50K-200K heals, which is not even much fluff), and would conflict with Second Spire of Divinity/Nature/Ancestors, but if it were a better option, it would be used. Whether or not it would fire on every person that a heal lands on in that case is another issue, re: Abundant healing procs on heals.
  10. Gladare Augur

Am I reading it wrong? I thought the original idea was to proc a direct heal on your target. Not to increase the heal that was cast.
  11. Iila Augur

Tonics are a proc buff, they're not the flat increase to spells like that BP click. Think of Mana Reiteration or Abundant Healing, not the cleric BP.

The nuke versions have some proc rate, like 20% that spits out another nuke with its own chance to crit. Not many/any things focus them beyond crits, because they're 0 mana non-player spells.
  12. Mykaylla Augur

Illa, he wasn't talking about the focus, he's talking about the click. Seraphic Blessing is a click, which is a proc buff with a counter limit. It adds a small amount of unfocused healing to the end of each direct heal.
  13. Brosa Augur

To clear up any miss understanding lets take Tonic of Resonant Elemental XVII for example. Once you cast a direct damage spell it triggers a separate nuke Arcane Force IX 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 3750 which can crit for thousands more with focus and aa. The healing tonic would work the same way adding an additional heal to any direct heal.
  14. Gannen Elder

or if not one that does extra heals... maybe one that puts a temporary rune on the target when it's triggered... a 500, 1000, 1500, 2000 point rune on that target... to last 6 ticks? nothing long term, but to add in a fight...
  15. Iila Augur

Let me try this again, using the DD versions of the spells.

This is one half of the druid BP click, if I cast a DD spell.

[37376] Nature's Destruction
    Target: Self
    Duration: 2m (20 ticks), Extend: No
    Max Hits: 19 Matching Spells
    1: Increase Spell Damage Bonus by 5000
    2: Limit Effect: Current HP
    3: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    4: Limit Min Level: 85
    5: Limit Max Level: 100 (lose 10% per level)
    6: Limit Type: Detrimental
    7: Stacking: Overwrite existing spell if slot 9 is 'Delayed Heal Marker' and < 2

It adds a flat 5k to nukes I cast, post-crit/focus, the bonus damage is never increased. This functions the same as the quoted BP click effect, but on direct damage instead of direct healing. It has 19 hit counters that get used up on any eligible DD, including each hit on AEs.

This is a Tonic of Resonant Elemental potion's effect.
    [37274] Resonant Elemental XI
    Duration: 30m (300 ticks), Extend: Yes
    1: Cast on Spell Use: Arcane Force IX (10% Chance)
    2: Limit Type: Detrimental
    4: Limit Min Level: 70
    5: Limit Type: Exclude Procs
    6: Limit Effect: Current HP
    10: Screech
    Text: Your damaging spells will resonate with extra magical damage.
    When casting any damage spells on your enemies, you have a chance to inflict up to 3750 additional magic damage.
    [20216] Arcane Force IX
    Range: 200
    Resist: Magic -200
    1: Decrease Current HP by 3750
    Text: Lightning surges through you.
    Strikes your opponent with a freezing attack that causes between #1 and @1 hit points in damage.

It has a 10% chance to proc a 3750 DD when you cast a HP lowering spell. That 3750 is its own separate spell and can crit on its own.

Your BP click, quote earlier in the thread is the first effect, the topic of this thread is the second effect. These two effects stack and don't really interact because of the mana restriction on the first effect.

So the theoretical potion from the OP would look something like this.
    Resonant Healing I
    Target: Self
    Beneficial: Blockable
    Duration: 30m (300 ticks), Extend: Yes
    1: Cast on Spell Use: Healing Force I (10% Chance)
    2: Limit Type: Beneficial
    4: Limit Min Level: 70
    5: Limit Type: Exclude Procs
    6: Limit Effect: Current HP
    10: Screech
    Healing Force I
    Target: Single
    Range: 200
    1: Increase Current HP by 3750
    Heals your target for between #1 and @1 hit points of damage.