Ton Po's where does it fit in.

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Horyuken, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Horyuken Augur

I haven't had time to play or test the ton po's change. I haven't really been raiding on monk but was wondering where people are using ton po's in the rotation since the change? Or am I off base and it's still useless.
  2. Riou EQResource

You'd basically have to tie it with Swift Tails if you want any sort of like Endurance efficiency/viability long term without much breaks, at least in the Raid game

In group game you can just spam it anytime you aren't using Destructive Force, since you should be able to consistently ooc regen or Breather between mobs where endurance isn't really a big deal
  3. Thrillho Augur

I haven't experimented with it much, but based my usage of it based on the text from the AA. Primary hand combat rounds - which means Heel and Ironfist do not benefit it. That leaves Speed, Terrorpalm, Eye, and Earthforce.

Destructive Force doesn't stack with it, so lets take care of that first. Terrorpalm and Speed are both good with DF. Personally, I use DF + Terror, since Terror benefits more from it than Speed would (and Speed benefits from so much more). Personally, I've had larger parses with Terror + DF than with Speed + DF as well. So, that leaves Speed to pair with Ton Po.

5 minute refresher on it means you can use it as often as you'd like, if you have the endurance for it. If you're wanting to use it beyond Speed (or Terror), use it with Eye and Earthforce if possible. Otherwise, you don't get much benefit with running it raw.

Swift Tails Chant absolutely helps with the endurance game. I was of the mindset that Ton Po should be run with STC, but I don't think that may necessarily be the case. My largest burn is with Heel, so I would get the most endurance back when running STC with that than anything else - Ton Po or not. Terror + DF nets a lot as well, depending on the situation and how many mobs you get.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Horyuken Augur

Thanks Thrillho, that's the info i was looking for! I was thinking along those lines and you confirmed that.
  5. monk12 Journeyman

What about vehement rage?