Tome: Al`ele's Vindication - beastlord

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by smash, Dec 14, 2016.

1. smash Augur

When you use it, it gives you around 72 uses for around 2,5 min

But they only seem to Count Down, when I use DoT's.

Anyone else having same problem ?
  2. Kaliko Augur

This discipline will trigger damaging spells each time you cast Damage over Time spells, and adds a chance for your melee attacks to trigger additional melee attacks.

It's always been that way.
  3. smash Augur

But why does it not Count Down when you get the additional melee attacks ?
    Also, with your spell casting reinforcements and such, it gives a thing a working time of 3 min, and are 72 charges then not massive overdone, I mean instead of 72, then 20-25 would be more than enough, I mean cost of 72 dots would be around 430k mana in 3 min.

You can see the number of charges going Down with dots, but not so with melee attacks.
  4. Brohg Augur

The counter is just an error-trap, in case something weird happens. The ability really just has a duration, 3 minutes of extra Flurries, and a lil' extra on each dot.
  5. Reval Augur

I heard they were going to fix it after the dot nerfs by renaming it Ai`ele's Dissapointment.

I like that they try new things, since it can keep the game interesting. Maybe if it used a counter to nuke after every dot tick that hits over x amount of damage it would be better, but that seems too boring. What if every time it went off, it gave the pet a charge where the pet would also use the charge and do a 100k'ish nuke? Then if you're really paying attention you can sort of maximize it instead of it just being a set it and forget it sort of thing, and using it well would probably yield better results than just using it.
  6. smash Augur

Well, they have made an ability, they can nerf without problems, you cannot see if it has any effect at all on melee, No messages about it.

I guess it might have an effect of something like 1% top extra attacks, but that might just me thinking it, anyone done any parses to see if effect ?
  7. Reval Augur

In terms of melee, a beastlord full discing (but with no adps from other classes) in the hall gets about 10k dps off of also having it going vs not having it running. That's going from like 320 dps to 330 dps. So meh, right? I mean during it's time bestial alignment will fade and then you'll be down to savage rancor if that's how you disc, so at that point it's even less than 10k, and then that too will fade and it decreases even more. So the melee dps is not a huge reason to use the disc.

The real reason is generally going to be that when you cast a dot, it adds a nuke that hits for ~30k and crits for ~150k if you have last expac's gear and current aa's (probably the same amount with current raid gear and aa's). So it still will hit as hard, but the initial nuke off of the dots was a substantial part of the damage. Now that damage is on average halved. So the best poison dot's nuke went from 30k to 14k. It went from critting for about 200k to critting for about 100k. Before, the previous level range's poison dot would do an initial nuke for 19k, which is now more than the current top level poison one crits for... This is a huge nerf in regard to spamming the dots for damage, which is what this new disc was basically encouraging that you do by design.

I get the nerf for enchanter dots because it was so good with no downsides, and if you glyphed for mana pres you could chain cast the drown dot and it was probably your best dps. It was crazy. In the context of rogues and monks, I get the nerf to beastlord dots. In the context of berserkers, I don't understand why this nerf was made before they do something about how berserkers are 2x+ better dps than basically everyone. If every time a beastlord beat a berserker on a parse right now I had a drink, I would literally be alcoholics anonymous.
  8. Vados New Member

Rip dot mana burn :(
  9. Duhbeast Augur

Yeah I consider this ability just another small dps buff added when fully burning, or any situation where you have more mana than time and you can pop it and spam dots.
  10. mackal Augur

Because the hit limit is only triggered on spells. They don't have the ability to set it to count down on multiple things (unless the hit limit type is both, but I'm not sure they have any)