Told to put this here, so I am....

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Tanacious, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Tanacious Lorekeeper

Game Master (Daybreak Games)
    Sep 2, 3:48 PM PDT
    Greetings Tanachus,

I highly recommend making your voice heard on the forums. Our Dev team, who are behind all design decisions, keeps a close eye there for any ideas or suggestions on making Norrath a better place for everyone.
    Main Website's Forums:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php

Take care and good luck on your journeys.
    GM Swarmofbees

tanachus
    Sep 2, 3:30 PM PDT
    I have been camping this gnoll brewer or master brewer for about 20 hours now for a Blackburrow Cask. This is a trivial quest for me, but getting this burning rapier is part of a larger quest line to get my Rogue Master Sketch.
    One of the items I need to make is Blackburrow Swig, which apparently can ONLY be combined in a Blackburrow Cask dropped off of a gnoll brewer or Master Brewer named mob.
    After 20 hours of sitting here in vain, not even one brewer or MB has spawned. I have played EQ since day one, and I know that this was typical of old world quests. However, the quest I am doing is quite new comparatively, and unfortunately the Burning Rapier does not drop when you kill Lon the Redeemed so you can bypass this quest.
    This is part of the reason why I quit the first time. It takes for freaking ever to do anything, and so much stuff is broken because the game is huge. Could you please either make it so that you can make the Blackburrow swig in a regular brewing apparatus, or make it so that you can drop the cask off of any mob, rarely, in Blackburrow. Either that, or phase out the quest for this, and make the burning rapier drop off of Lon the Redeemed to get back to appropriate content. I feel silly as a lvl 90 char being stuck in a lvl 10 zone, playing target practice and getting nowhere. I would just forget it, except for due to newer tradeskill changes, I have to have this sketch if I want to raise my Make Poison skill higher as there are a great deal of poisons you can make with it. Please please look into this and maybe even other tradeskills as well because roaming all over Norrath looking for trivial old world rare zone spawns to get an item to make one combine you don't even really need, other than learning the recipe is a MONUMENTAL waste of time, but the only way you can raise your tradeskill cap more. This makes ZERO sense because the tradeskilled items are only going to get harder to make, which means that you have to learn more recipes, and waste more time, and it will eventually get to the point where NO ONE cares anymore about Tradeskill stuff, which is a VERY important aspect of this game. I agree there should be increasing amount of difficulty, but it's already difficult to find any mass amount of higher end items, make them to get your skill up, and then having to learn hundreds or even thousands of trivial recipes for useless items to increase that skill is just a bit much. But first things first, please review the quest line I am talking about and bring it into the 21st century. The Jaggedpine Cloak quest is no longer relevant (Where you need 3 of the casks, Bristlebane forbid....) and the Blackburrow Swig wouldn't be either save for the required brew in the Burning Rapier quest. Thank you for your time in looking into this.
  2. MaxTheLion Augur

As useless and sad as my response will be, years of playing and browsing the forums have led me to a conclusion.
    If the in-game issue is helping the player(s), it'll most likely receive a review and patch shortly thereafter.

If the in-game issue is a hindrance to the player(s), it'll remain in place for an inordinate amount of time since it's not high in the queue of importance.

That being said, I hope your issue gets resolved before the game loses another member.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Don't want to rock the boat but it does drop. I have two in the bank on alts that I recently got - it was either during the hardcore heritage or increased named bonus times. There are usually some in the baz now and then. And magelo shows a 50% drop rate. Maybe the Master Brewer is broke on your server?

There is a spawn cycle just like the cloak in the Karanas for the mage epic - it takes time and perseverance.
  4. code-zero Augur

I main a bard and getting my 1.0 was a tedious nightmare. After I got it my girlfriend created a bard of her own and when she had leveled hers into the high 40's she started working on her 1.0 casually.

She got all of her drops in less than a week and most times she'd zone in and the mob we were hunting would be up and cruising along right in front of us.

Sometimes the RNG doesn't like you
  5. Baydin New Member

Are you certain you are clearing the right spawn? The brewer is a roaming spawn, and is often reported in the wrong place. The correct mob spawns down near the water and paths up to casks below the elite ledge. Last time I camped it, it took about a day to see a drop, maybe 3rd or 4th brewer, before I got a master and got a cask. Also, if you are using /advloot, check your filters to make sure you'll see it