Fixed Internally ToL missions have 6 hour tasktimer

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Svann2, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

Like the title says. Got a 6 hour tasktimer. Didnt see that in patch notes so reporting it as a bug.

edit: This was shei and aten ha ra. I didnt get a chance to try the last 2.
    Lessw, Barton, Jondalar and 23 others like this.
  2. Athelred New Member

Close the Gate is still 3 hours. By report so is the one in BA. So only the two out of Maidens eye. I really hope this is not intentional
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

These should be 3 hour lockouts, as per the first few months of the expansion. No mention of this being changed.
  4. Orienn TreeHugger

Closing the gate is 3 hour timer but the other 3 are showing 6 hour.
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Windance Augur

I hope they revert these back to 3x hour lockouts. It was nice to be able to do them both before and after raids.
    Lessw and Orienn like this.
  6. Orienn TreeHugger

I agree!
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's amazing how much crap they break in each patch that's totally unrelated to anything they're actually trying to fix in the patch.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Warpeace Augur

Or, maybe they are saying without saying anything the 3 hour lockout was a mistake and should have been 6 all along?
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

The problem is that they didn't say anything!
  10. Irondome New Member

It's not a mistake. People were exploiting the 3hr lockout to do them 50 + times a day.
  11. Knifen Augur

[IMG]
    Orienn likes this.
  12. Myysterio Lorekeeper

Yeah, this reduces task completion significantly for anyone who has a job. If it was intentional, then just say something
    Skrab and Fenthen like this.
  13. Angahran Augur

How exactly do you do a mission with a 3 hour lockout 50 times a day ?
    That would require a 'day' to be 150 hours.

So, how would changing the lockout to 6 hours fix anything ? People would only be able to do them 25 times a 'day' ?
  14. Slasher Augur

Posting exploits can get you in trouble. But 3 hr lockout only need 1 toon to request. Lockout timer is reduced by how long it took you to do the mission and the task has a 6 hr duration. Figure it out.
  15. Raccoo Augur

Sounds like they should decrease the 6 hour duration instead of increasing the lockout.
    Sancus likes this.
  16. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Anecdotally, a lot of us in our guild found the 3 hour timers to be much less restrictive and much more conducive to finding groups to run the missions.
    Sancus, Cyphren, Orienn and 3 others like this.
  17. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

This is why the popular MMOs don’t put stupid lockout timers on missions. Turns out an MMO needs people to play together.
    Lessw, Alena, Orienn and 3 others like this.
  18. BobTheBuilder New Member

Can we please get a response to whether this is a bug or intentional please ?
    Fenthen likes this.
  19. Orienn TreeHugger

I put in a petition the night of this happening, they basically told me they would pass this along to the right people and asked me to also post a thread on the forums since the devs check them periodically. So hopefully they see this thread and we can get some kind of a response to why this happened and if they will change it back.
    Fenthen likes this.
  20. Angahran Augur

What exploit ?
    If the mission has a 3 hour lockout and people are doing the mission every 3 hours there is no exploit.
    Yinla, Fenthen and Knifen like this.